Music/Bands you used to hate but now love...

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2007, 3:01 am

Veresae wrote:
richardbenson wrote:
oh nice try! nice try!! you'll never get that embaressing information out of me! :wink:

I bet you started off listening to Nickelback.

Oh that was harsh, way below the belt.

See you gotta watch your back in a Ghetto place like this, it can get pretty rough around here. :ninja:

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat." - Terry Bisson

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 1:15 pm

Radiohead.

Arbie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 1:23 pm

I used to hate Fleetwood Mac because my parents used to play them all the time when I was growing up and I think they must have had all of their albums or something. Now I have found that I really love a few of their songs. They used to also play the eagles all of the time but I still hate them.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 2:13 pm

Lycia are probably a good recent example. I listened to The Burning Circle and then Dust and thought they were one of the dullest bands I had ever heard, with much of the double-length album of a single pace with an amateurish sound (I heard it was recorded on a four-track?) and a sort of overacting sing/whisper voice. But then that odd synth drone that permeated most of their music started to have an effect on me, and then the tunes (which are mostly absent on their other albums). It's now one of my favourite albums. Who'd have thought?

Nico
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 7:20 pm

The Killers.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 8:02 pm

SilverProteus wrote:
Radiohead.

Same-used to hate their music so much,apart from Idioteque which was on Paul Oakenfolds' 2003 Ibiza CD.
It's In Rainbows that started liking them for.

Queen-used to hate their music lots until past few years.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

17 Mar 2008, 10:05 pm

I used to dislike music by Keane but over the last few months i've listened to it occassionally and now quite enjoy it and listen to it more often.

The_Cinephile
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Mar 2008, 2:56 pm

When I heard Say Anything's "Wow, I Can Get Sexual Too", I immediately put them on my black list.
Now, their album "...Is A Real Boy" is one of my favorites.
Absolutely amazing songwriting.

I used to hate Pearl Jam.
I still hate Ten though.
Vitalogy will always be my favorite PJ album.

I used to hate Rage and Beck, because I figured that anything that even remotely resembled rap must be total trash.

I used to hate Alanis Morissette...wait, I still hate her. (with the exception of Jagged Little Pill, which was excellent).

I used to hate Bob Dylan.

The list goes on...

Undead undead undead
The virginal brides file past his tomb
Strewn with time's dead flowers
Bereft in deathly bloom
Alone in a darkened room

smaug
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Mar 2008, 9:32 pm

The biggest hate-love relationship I can bring to mind is Disillusion's '06 album Gloria. I could not listen to it past the fifth track the first time I put it on. So I basically left it for a few months, and finally when curiosity got the better of me, tried it again. Not sure whether I liked it then, but well - it's now received 50 or so spins, so I sure as hell like it now. ;]

Though there's other albums or artists out there that have definitely grown on me, I wouldn't say there's any that I initially despised like I did with Disillusion's Gloria.

Purplefluffychainsaw
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Mar 2008, 5:00 am

Fall Out Boy and Panic! At the Disco. >> I finally admitted to myself that I like playful tunes I can sing along to and they fall into that catorgory.

DocStrange
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2008, 10:32 am

I didn't like Panic at the Disco for quite some time, but that new song they have "Nine in the Afternoon" is excellent.

Another one is Zwan, which I thought were pretty uninspired considering that the members of the band were all in brilliant, wonderful bands. But compared to the new Smashing Pumpkins, they're infinitely better.