Random! Random! Random! Random! Purple Monkey Dishwasher!

Page 78 of 79 [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 90,272
Location: the island of defective toy santas

21 Aug 2019, 6:51 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Fun things to drive. However, the cabs were crampt so one had to drive squashed in, so if one drove a distance, every 40 miles or so, one would need to get out and walk around a bit to make sure one could still stand up! :lol: Fun things.

thank you for the fascinating description of the european versions of these cars. does england have a similar car category law to the Kei cars, where you are taxed less for owning them due to their small size? speaking of size, i could just barely shoehorn my 6'3" frame into one of those things. i would prolly be stiff and sore if i hadda drive them any distance, and forget about a stick shift as there was no room for me to move my feet/legs to shift and clutch.



Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2019
Age: 47
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,028
Location: Wales, UK.

22 Aug 2019, 3:28 am

auntblabby wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
Fun things to drive. However, the cabs were crampt so one had to drive squashed in, so if one drove a distance, every 40 miles or so, one would need to get out and walk around a bit to make sure one could still stand up! :lol: Fun things.

thank you for the fascinating description of the european versions of these cars. does england have a similar car category law to the Kei cars, where you are taxed less for owning them due to their small size? speaking of size, i could just barely shoehorn my 6'3" frame into one of those things. i would prolly be stiff and sore if i hadda drive them any distance, and forget about a stick shift as there was no room for me to move my feet/legs to shift and clutch.


Not really here in the UK. There was a time when road tax was cheaper if you had a car 1300cc or less, but these days we have adopted the EU pollution taxation, which I dissagree with and here is why. I used to pay far moee for my old Volvo T5 in tax as its age meant it was taxed under the old system. For its yearly MOT test, it had to have its exhaust omissions checked. The man kept looking at the cars milage. It had just reached 200,000 miles. He asked me if I had had a new engine in it. No. Origional engine, though I bought it secondhand. He said it is hardly giving a reading. He said not even small brand new city cars give readings that low. 0.0005 on his machine with the occasional fluctuation into 0.0004. He was amazed like he had never seen a car with such a low reading.
Yet I had to pay the highest tax rating and other newer cars were hardly paying anything.

I have had a few small engined cars in thw past. 750cc Reliant Robin which was surprizingly nippy (The first year the Robins were ade they were 750cc, but then they opened them out to 850cc. Those engies were the worlds first to be in mass production with an aluminium engine block as when they came out in the early Reliant Regals all other cars had cast iron blocks. Reliant did this to build a larger car (Making use of fibre glass for the body) then their competitors, as 3 wheeled cars could be classed as tricycles so could bedriven by someone who had a motorbike or a car licence, but they had to be under a certain weight to comply with the law or they were classed as a car... ).
I have had that Bedford Bambi. 970cc.
I have also had two Citroen AX's which were both 954cc and they were nippy! They were excellent in snow too climbing the steep 1 in 4 hill here on ice or snow to get home. Downhill was a bit like a sledge as no way could I stop. Use the engine to keep the speed low and just kinda steer it... More like suggesting a direction the car should go! Fun! Haha. They did 45mpg round town and 60mpg when they were able to get better roads.
Most of my cars have been around the 1800cc to 2600cc area, though this diesel I think is 1500cc or 1400. Can't remember,... Unusual for me. It goes ok.


_________________
Awaiting asessment. Neurodiverse 173/200. Neurotypical 21/200.
Empathy 11/80. AQ 39. May make sense to some. :)


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 90,272
Location: the island of defective toy santas

22 Aug 2019, 3:35 am

^^^i am presently infatuated/in limerance with a 2019 mitsubishi mirage G4, the closest american market version of a japanese Kei car. it has a 3 cylinder engine putting out all of 78 ponies and enough torque to twirl spaghetti noodles on a fork. but it gets hybrid-quality gas mileage, between 40 and 50 miles per gallon. and unique for a subcompact, it has a nice soft-riding absorbent suspension that makes short work of speak bumps and average road rash.



lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jan 2010
Age: 45
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,351
Location: In a cuckoo clock

23 Aug 2019, 1:27 pm

Throwing eggs at people can be dangerous. For the person getting being hit by them, I mean. I read that a couple of people were half-blinded when the eggs got them in the eye.

The eggshell in your eyes must be like like razor blades and I can imagine how unpleasant and painful that would be.

So... If you're gonna throw eggs at some disgusting idiot you hate, try not to aim at their eyes or face at least. :twisted:



AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 23 Nov 2006
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 54,536
Location: Portland, Oregon

23 Aug 2019, 4:52 pm

A man named Michael Nicholson enrolled in school for 55 years non-stop, earning 30 degrees.


_________________
Silly NTs, I have Aspergers, and having Aspergers is gr-r-reat!


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 90,272
Location: the island of defective toy santas

23 Aug 2019, 6:52 pm

flap.



BDavro
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 May 2019
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,232

23 Aug 2019, 6:53 pm

Well someone has to say it...

I don't care and f**k the conseeequencessss.



Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2019
Age: 47
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,028
Location: Wales, UK.

23 Aug 2019, 7:20 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^i am presently infatuated/in limerance with a 2019 mitsubishi mirage G4, the closest american market version of a japanese Kei car. it has a 3 cylinder engine putting out all of 78 ponies and enough torque to twirl spaghetti noodles on a fork. but it gets hybrid-quality gas mileage, between 40 and 50 miles per gallon. and unique for a subcompact, it has a nice soft-riding absorbent suspension that makes short work of speak bumps and average road rash.

Brothers Mitsi is like mine but has a little 3 cylinder 64bhp petrol engine which pulls well even with four of us in the car. Is a little miriacle! I would imagine he gets about 40 to 60 mpg.


_________________
Awaiting asessment. Neurodiverse 173/200. Neurotypical 21/200.
Empathy 11/80. AQ 39. May make sense to some. :)


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 90,272
Location: the island of defective toy santas

23 Aug 2019, 7:30 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
^^^i am presently infatuated/in limerance with a 2019 mitsubishi mirage G4, the closest american market version of a japanese Kei car. it has a 3 cylinder engine putting out all of 78 ponies and enough torque to twirl spaghetti noodles on a fork. but it gets hybrid-quality gas mileage, between 40 and 50 miles per gallon. and unique for a subcompact, it has a nice soft-riding absorbent suspension that makes short work of speak bumps and average road rash.

Brothers Mitsi is like mine but has a little 3 cylinder 64bhp petrol engine which pulls well even with four of us in the car. Is a little miriacle! I would imagine he gets about 40 to 60 mpg.

i meant to say "speed" bumps [those big mounds on the road that force drivers to slow down on pain of bottoming out the suspension] but you could call them "speak" bumps like i typo'ed due to the fact that they are so noisy when you drive too fast over them. your brother's mitsi must have a slightly smaller engine than the american market mitsis that use a 1.2 liter. does his mitsi also ride comfortably?



AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 23 Nov 2006
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 54,536
Location: Portland, Oregon

26 Aug 2019, 4:10 pm

You can swim through syrup just as fast as you can swim through water, even though is many times thicker.


_________________
Silly NTs, I have Aspergers, and having Aspergers is gr-r-reat!


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 90,272
Location: the island of defective toy santas

26 Aug 2019, 9:31 pm

^^^that is counter-intuitive.



AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 23 Nov 2006
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 54,536
Location: Portland, Oregon

28 Aug 2019, 2:18 pm

Portland is now one of the best cities considered to be "very walkable."


_________________
Silly NTs, I have Aspergers, and having Aspergers is gr-r-reat!


AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 23 Nov 2006
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 54,536
Location: Portland, Oregon

11 Sep 2019, 4:44 pm

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 =12,345,678,987,654,321.


_________________
Silly NTs, I have Aspergers, and having Aspergers is gr-r-reat!


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 90,272
Location: the island of defective toy santas

11 Sep 2019, 6:13 pm

42.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 90,272
Location: the island of defective toy santas

17 Oct 2019, 12:04 am

phlap.