Random! Random! Random! Random! Purple Monkey Dishwasher!

Page 72 of 106 [ 1695 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 106  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2019, 10:43 pm

there is a class of car in japan called "kei" cars which are no more than about 10 feet long and 4 feet wide.
adorable, ain't it? :heart:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2019, 2:14 pm

Sylvester Stallone was a lion cage cleaner before being famous.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2019, 7:06 pm

he also taught at a swiss girl's boarding school.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2019, 8:30 pm

Kei cars? I wonder if tennis player Nishikori drives one?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2019, 8:36 pm

IstominFan wrote:
Kei cars? I wonder if tennis player Nishikori drives one?

my guess is not, that is an economy car meant for crowded urban spaces with limited parking. tennis players would prolly drive things like lexus, mercedes, bmw, audi or perhaps volvo.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2019, 8:40 pm

True. Roger Federer drives a Mercedes and Rafael Nadal drives a Kia.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2019, 1:37 pm

Japanese trains are among the world's most punctual: their average delay is just 18 seconds.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2019, 6:52 pm

If the average NYC smoker gave up smoking and instead invested the money in the SandP500, in 10 years, such a person will have $52,000.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 2:29 pm

Hawaii, Vermont, Alaska, and Maine have all banned billboards.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 8:21 pm

the softest-riding subcompact car is probably the mitsubishi mirage.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 8:45 pm

More than 2 million people visit the Great Barrier Reef each year.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2019, 12:10 am

the quietest subcompact SUV would prolly have to be the buick encore.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2019, 3:58 pm

In much of the US, it is illegal to buy a new car from the manufacturer.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2019, 4:38 pm

The runway at the Gibraltar International Airport has a road crossing it.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2019, 5:26 pm

auntblabby wrote:
there is a class of car in japan called "kei" cars which are no more than about 10 feet long and 4 feet wide.
adorable, ain't it? :heart:

I used to have a coach built motorhome version of one of those called a Bedford Bambi. A seperate company built the camping part on the back and only 1500 were made.
They were based on the Bedford Rascal. The little vehicles could come in various forms from vans to flatbeds to 6 seat minibusses to ordinary non coachbuilt campers (In other words a camper version of the standard van. Not the coachbuilt version like I had).
They could be badged Suzuki, Opel, Bedford, Vauxhall... All these were identical except the early Suzukis had smaller engines and round lamps. There was also Dihatsu versions which were very similar but slightly different and these had four wheel drive. The other versions were rear wheel drive. Most were 4 speed manuals. I had a rare 5 speed manual with the 970cc petrol engine. I could get mine to wheelspin and I got strange looks when I accide tly did this pulling out at junctions. Funthing to drive, though I wouldn't want to drive it in the winter as the winds would be quite a battle. It was like driving a sail. I often had it going along on 2 wheels if i took a roundabout a bit too quickly, but due to the suspension it seemed to balance fine... It felt like balancing a bicycle... One could do a complete 360 degrees round a roundabout on two wheels if desired...
The other odd thing about these. The brakes were not up to much but you didn't want them to be. The engine braking was excellent. You would use the engine more to slow down then the brakes. I remember once in a queue of very slow moving traffic, the car behind was right up close to the back of my Bambi. Maybe about a foot away as I could see the floor through my bottom back window so they must have been close to see their vehicle there. While I looked in the mirror I was distracted, and looked forward and had to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting the car in front. I heard a bang. Strange as the car behind didn't seem to have hit the rear. I could see how close it was. I didn't hit at the front. The front of the cab had gone at a wierd angle for a second or two and I was puzzled. Then the traffic had started to move again so I followed. However, the vehicle behind was following at quite a distance. I realized what thw bang was. Me slamming on had brought my rear wheels up in the air and the bang was when they came back down to the ground. That is why the cab was at a wierd angle!
Fun things to drive. However, the cabs were crampt so one had to drive squashed in, so if one drove a distance, every 40 miles or so, one would need to get out and walk around a bit to make sure one could still stand up! :lol: Fun things.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2019, 6:51 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Fun things to drive. However, the cabs were crampt so one had to drive squashed in, so if one drove a distance, every 40 miles or so, one would need to get out and walk around a bit to make sure one could still stand up! :lol: Fun things.

thank you for the fascinating description of the european versions of these cars. does england have a similar car category law to the Kei cars, where you are taxed less for owning them due to their small size? speaking of size, i could just barely shoehorn my 6'3" frame into one of those things. i would prolly be stiff and sore if i hadda drive them any distance, and forget about a stick shift as there was no room for me to move my feet/legs to shift and clutch.