Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2007, 12:39 pm

My eye swelled up after I was bitten by some sort of flying insect, once at camp in the Laurentians when I was 6 and once when I was 10 in Gaspe... and I had a horrible snot problem up until the last 2 years... especially in classrooms! What a nightmare! Other than that no known allergies for me.

05 Oct 2007, 1:33 pm

fleas

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2007, 1:55 pm

Believe it or not, formaldehyde. You think 'OK, don't get a job embalming.' But you're wrong!! Manufacturers of clothing, cloth, glue, and wood all use this nasty stuff. Back in March our Church moved to an older, but much larger building. Well of course they had to re-model everything!! I'm still miserable. I get sick to my stomach, and then dizzy. It's awful. My mum had the same allergy. There were certain nail polishes she couldn't use. Her hands would break out in a rash. She used to ask, 'What's gonna happen when I die? Lay there in the coffin with a rash?'

shadexiii
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2007, 2:02 pm

Used to be allergic to aspartame. When I was much younger, consuming a drink with aspartame in it caused me to feel like I had a hangover.

There's a lot of "information" that can be found on this, I just can't seem to find a source I consider to be worth trusting. If I can, I'll post it here. It may be a lot of nonsense, but the stuff did give me horrible headaches.

rosered
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2007, 3:17 pm

I don't know if it's an actual allergy but if I eat too many mints I start sneezing. 8O

edal
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2007, 4:12 pm

Sweetcorn, corn on the cob and cornbread. I suspect that the allergy isn't too strong because if I eat any of these things I won't die. I will however enter vomiting contests and win every time.

Ed Almos

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Oct 2007, 4:33 pm

I am allergic to be stings and I used to be allergic to poison ivy, and used to get it very bad every summer for years (cause i could not stay outa it) but in recent years I have walked thru it knowingly and never gotton it, leading me to beleive, and anyone let me know if you have information on this, that one can become immune to it if they get it enough.

dustbowlrefugee
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Oct 2007, 6:31 pm

I'm allergic to penicillin.

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2007, 7:04 pm

shadexiii wrote:
Used to be allergic to aspartame. When I was much younger, consuming a drink with aspartame in it caused me to feel like I had a hangover.

Aspartame does the same thing to me. Actually, so do all artificial sweeteners, but aspartame is the worst.

Other allergies: tea, levaquin (antibiotic), celexa (antidepressant), chlorine

I can drink tap water with chlorine in it, but when I swim in a chlorinated pool, my eyes turn red, my nose runs, and I get a sore throat. I guess it's just like the reaction lots of people get to pollen. Any kind of tea makes me painfully nauseous. Levaquin makes me really itchy.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2007, 8:00 pm

One kind of soap I used made my chin break out in a rash.

I had a bad case of "swimmer's ear," the last two times I went swimming.

Arbie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2007, 10:21 pm

Penicillin. And some plant pollens though I don't know specifically which ones.

Super rich chocolate like the cacao stuff can make me sneeze on the very first bite but I doubt that is an allergy, if so I'll just have to "suffer" through it. :wink:

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2007, 10:36 pm

dumb people Image

Seriously: As a kid, to almost everything. I remember I was like seven and they did an allergic test to me, lots of needles in my arm, and almost all of the injections grew :?

Now, sometimes I'm allergic to dust and to cheap cheese :)

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2007, 3:11 am

Ragweed. I used to get painful itchy bumps on the roof of my mouth, itchy watery eyes, and itchy runny nose. There doesn't seem to be ragweed here in the Pacific Northwest though (yay! :) ).

QuantumCowboy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2007, 1:01 pm

Allergies:

- Bees
- Cottonwood and aspen pollen
- Shellfish
- Fish

reika
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

06 Oct 2007, 2:44 pm

Bee stings
Oh yeah, I LIKE all your threads. Theres always something new to read because of you! :D

If only closed minds came with closed mouths. Lau: "But where would they put their feet?" Postpaleo: "Up their ass."

BazoQ
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Oct 2007, 3:27 pm

I guess I'm weird...I'm allergic to absolutely nothing..... :)