Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

matrix
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2007, 10:57 pm

As an asperger senior going into the "wronger planet", and as a resident in the Tennessee woods, I can't seem to find many good architecture programs around here. One that did inspire me was Georgia Tech, but it's one holy canole of tuition and size, and my cousin there would too hastily want me in his party scene.

Ever since I got my first pad of graph paper, I completed it with map, building, and even Legend of Zelda fan-fic sketches. I love it, and I'm good with math. I just can't find anything that suits me.

caramateo
Toucan
Toucan

08 Oct 2007, 1:47 pm

You seem more like an engineer.
What is it about architecture that you like the most?
architecture is both art and science, and doesn't require a great deal of math, it's more about thinking outside the box, space planning, adaptation and other concepts.
don't take me wrong, you could be a great architect
I like architecture but I'm more of a designer and artist.

matrix
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2007, 8:27 pm

You are probably right here. I love details, specs, howstuffworks.com, and all things elaborate and sciency. It seems, though, that I fail to bring any patience in my physics lab work. I do good with the math and concepts, but consistency is an Achilles heel toward my pursuit. I thought architecture by the inspirations of Wright and Gerry, both haven't caught on and I don't like European styles and "McMansions", which wouldn't make me too marketable.

kiwi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jan 2008, 11:15 pm

um

what did you decide??????????

architecture is cool :P

im studying architecture eh