ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Oct 2007, 11:13 am

Hello all! 8)

umm
er
i'm 44 years old .
I'm 5 ft 7 and a half inches tall ( or 175/6 cm) with shortish dark hair going silver.
I weigh about 10 stone ( or 66kg )
I was born in England.
I am half-German.
I like watching films , and reading books .

I'm a home-unschooling mother of an 8 year old ( who might well be ASD himself) and I like customising Bionicles even more than he does!! We play one character on Runescape.
We still live with the Papa, but I've been celibate for last 6 years and virtually so for the 2 years before that.

I first of all thought that I was just an extreme introvert, after various fairly hostile or uncomprehending , and sceptical reactions on another ( NT) forum led one person to suggest ,very kindly cos she is, that I might be. Read about aspergers at same time on internet , but thought that it was probably just the new , pathologised name for introversion.
But I continued to have persistent difficulties on 2 other sites, because of my tendency to take things literally, and analyse heaps , and have difficulty understanding words with many different possible meanings. And began to think it might not be exaggerating to see myself as disabled by my differences, rather than just different. So, after doing 2 different tests online for some clearer idea I returned to this site.

So hello all.
xxxx :) 8) :P :oops: 8)

Last edited by ouinon on 08 Oct 2007, 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Spaceplayer
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Oct 2007, 11:17 am

Hi. :)

You wrote: "I first of all thought that I was just an extreme introvert, after various fairly hostile reactions on another ( NT) forum led one person to suggest ,very kindly cos she is, that I might be. Read about aspergers at same time on internet , but thought that it was probably just the new , pathologised name for introversion. "

I found this interesting because I thought the same thing. I was studying Jung at the time, and his introversion/extroversion types. At the same time, I found a book called The Introvert Advantage, which seemed to explain things. I tried to work on some things, but it didn't work, and THEN I learned about Asperger's. I was confused for a bit, because they do seem like the same thing on the surface, but for the sensory issues and such.

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Oct 2007, 11:28 am

About the sensory stuff, I have definitely got ( about noise, textures of clothing, and colours and smells), but the introvert said that that was part of the introvert thing too, because of the introverts brain being at optimum capacity at a lower level of stimulation than an extroverts brain . It's why apparently introverts prefer monochromatic interiors and clothing, less noise, downtime to process etc.
But what swayed me was that introversion is not supposed to be a disability, whereas I was more and more realising how much " my" introversion was a problem, and how much it had also been a terrible handicap in the past ! ! :( :? 8O 8)
Unless it's just that society has changed and that was once "just" introversion is now a serious problem when faced with the noise and speed and oceans of strange faces and rapid change of today.

I've "had" whatever it is all my life though!! I think my Dad has too.

So glad this site exists!! :D 8)

Last edited by ouinon on 08 Oct 2007, 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Oct 2007, 2:05 pm

Welcome to WrongPlanet!Image