Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

siuan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2007, 10:10 pm

Neat. It's the people I live with who are not, and it drives me CRAZY!! !! !

Shadowbound
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 Oct 2007, 12:14 am

They say the first thing to go when your really feeling down for along time is personal hygiene I wonder if such things also make people be not bothered about tidying up around them too.

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2007, 1:05 am

I don't know whether or not it has much to do with depression, as I'm sure that effects it as well. But I find my problem is that I never was organized to begin with, lol.

I'm my own guinea pig.

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2007, 12:37 pm

2ukenkerl wrote:
I used to be VERY organized! When I got my first home, I made sure EVERYTHING had a place, and organized it! When I am bored, and have nothing else, I may clean up my whole area, or the whole house. STILL, TODAY, I am pretty messy. :cry:

I'm the same way pretty much. Sometimes - I think it's PMS related - I clean, organize and shine the copper - and sometimes I just let things slide. Never dirty though...there's a big diff between chaos and dirt, ya know? Don't sweat it. The clean gene is there, it's just resting.... :wink:

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2007, 12:42 pm

GypsysOdyssey wrote:
OCD keeps things like my CDs, clothes in the closet, DVDs, etc. organized and I do keep the room where I display my doll and model horse collections because it's kind of a pride thing with me. But after that, well, I really do try to be a neat freak, but I simply don't think about those sort of things. Example, my abthroom wastebasket has been full for two weeks. Every time I see it, I tell myself I need to empty it. And then before I've even left the bathroom that thought has been pushed aside and I don't get it done once again. Or like this morning, when I put two empty cat food cans on the kitchen counter instead of in the trash bin because there was no bag in it. Of course, I could've gotten a bag out of the cupboard and put one in, but it never crossed my mind in the least.

It gets overwhelming, I know. For me it has a lot to do with how much I have on my *plate* at any given time, because I have a tendency to multi-task and to take on more than I can handle, instead of paring tasks down and asking for help.

What did work to a good degree was literally halving my stuff. Just going through everything ruthlessly - books, clothes, dishes, furniture - anything that was superfluous and dragging me down - and just getting rid of it. Open spaces help me focus better and my cats like it too....

Stupidcat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Oct 2007, 1:05 pm

I'm generally neat. If anything isn't where it belongs I spaz out. It works quite well with my roommate because she's OCD. :lol:

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2007, 1:23 pm

Honestly, I tend to be both messy when I feel down in the dumps but, when things are not so chaotic I'm quite neat.. I'm not sure what else to say so, I leave this post as it is.