Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2007, 11:44 am

I'm kind of messy but my books and oils are neat.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2007, 11:46 am

messy messy messy messy messy messy messy........

It is a constant struggle.....

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2007, 11:48 am

Neat. I like to clean and tidy my flat, twice a week.

09 Oct 2007, 12:07 pm

I'm both. I have no where to put all my things and my home doesn't need to look like it's a parade of home or in a magazine.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2007, 12:11 pm

Speaking of hygiene, I'm neat. Speaking of my room... well, in most cases I put things away but I also like when there's a mess because then I can make my room clean and tidy again :D I don't like only dusting my shelves.

Adrie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Oct 2007, 12:15 pm

Messy! But I know where most things are.

It's so funny that you're posting this now, because I just had a conversation with my mom where I mentioned in passing that I seem to have a lot of AS traits (testing out her reaction by acting as casual as possible, lol). She said, "Hmm, actually as a child you were Aspergery, but you've gotten over a lot of that social awkwardness now that you're an adult. But even as a kid, I knew there was no way you could have Asperger's because your room was always such a mess. People with AS are neat freaks."

I knew this wasn't true, but I didn't argue with her on it because I felt if I did, this would be pushing the I-might-have-AS thing too far for the moment.

Anyway, yes, my place is always very cluttered, although I do try to clean the clutter away quite often. It's usually back within an hour...

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2007, 12:19 pm

Super Messy :lol:

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2007, 12:37 pm

It is one of my least favorite things about myself, and one of the hardest things to control.

09 Oct 2007, 12:39 pm

Adrie wrote:
Messy! But I know where most things are.

It's so funny that you're posting this now, because I just had a conversation with my mom where I mentioned in passing that I seem to have a lot of AS traits (testing out her reaction by acting as casual as possible, lol). She said, "Hmm, actually as a child you were Aspergery, but you've gotten over a lot of that social awkwardness now that you're an adult. But even as a kid, I knew there was no way you could have Asperger's because your room was always such a mess. People with AS are neat freaks."

I knew this wasn't true, but I didn't argue with her on it because I felt if I did, this would be pushing the I-might-have-AS thing too far for the moment.

Anyway, yes, my place is always very cluttered, although I do try to clean the clutter away quite often. It's usually back within an hour...

Another stereotype about us. We're all neat freaks. You're not going to have every single trait. Look at Jerry Newport, his apartment was messy. Look in Mozart and the Whale, Donald's apartment was messy and no one doubt his diagnoses. Of course Isabelle cleaned it. She sure knew where to start.

Khalaris
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Oct 2007, 12:45 pm

very messy, but I still know where everything is. My CDs are the only things that are in any kind of recognizable order ;)

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2007, 12:59 pm

Both... I have my own form of chaotic organization or organized chaos... Heh. :)

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

09 Oct 2007, 1:10 pm

both

imok2
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Oct 2007, 1:19 pm

Public areas of my house are clean, almost unlived in look....privet areas like bedroom or master bath...messy!! !!

nexus6
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Oct 2007, 1:31 pm

I really really like it when things are neat and orderly. I like nothing more than a sparse modernist house. However ... I find it's hard to keep things neat because I get bored with cleaning and organizing. I also take on too many projects at once and have things out for all of them. This dichotomy causes me all kind of grief.

I recently read a book call "It's All Too Much" which has done wonders for my organizing. Basically the premise is that we just keep too much stuff due to false future plans or emotional attachment to the past. All this stuff, most of which we don't even use, makes it impossible to organize the truly useful things. The author advocates just getting rid of anything your not using or won't fit in your current situation (ie. the present). After getting rid of two yard sales worth of stuff I have to say it's a huge relief to have all the 1/2 done projects or "I'll get to that" stuff just wiped from your to do list. Highly recommended.

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2007, 1:36 pm

You all realize of course, that we're driving the *experts* nuts with our stats. lol, perfect!

edal
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2007, 2:04 pm

Well, I know that I have AS and I'm kinda neat and tidy, but not too much.

My girlfriend who has some of the symptoms of AS (but refuses to get diagnosed) is one of the most untidy persons I have ever known.

So, I don't think it matters.

Ed Almos