Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2004, 2:56 am

from my standpoint, I think that we want respect. respect from our friends, family, peers, co-workers and health profesionals. I feel that we need to know that there are people who love us, warts and all. I think that we want people to stop hating us and to try to really get to know us. We might suprise some of the NTs if they give us a chance. :)

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2004, 4:43 am

What I'd *really* want the most would be to go back and relive my life from day one, and correct all the gaffs I've made in my life. But thats for science fiction. So to look at it from a realistic point of view, what I'd like most is for others to accept me for who I am and understand that even though I might be "different", I shouldn't be regerded as a lower class citizen when compared to "normal" people.

Wowbagger
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Aug 2004, 8:40 am

I just want people to leave me alone.

Kosh
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Aug 2004, 11:05 am

I don't think our desires are all that much different from the rest of the population, really, love, comfort, peace... we're still human, after all, as much as it may not feel that way sometimes. I think the only major difference, at least for me, is a desire not to be overcrowded or pushed by those who don't understand. I have to deal with the latter every time I talk to family (with the notable exceptions of my mother and my girlfriend). It's too easy for them to forget my difficulties and that it's a fact that I can't do certain things.

Part of it is my fault because I always try anyway rather than making a stand and saying "no, I can't do that."

I realize that "can't" is dangerously limiting, but I think it's pretty clear that, to varying degrees depending on the individual, there are some things people like us cannot do without extreme to borderline paralyzing discomfort, and that's what I refer to when I say I can't do some things. :)

-p

LadyBug
Toucan
Toucan

02 Aug 2004, 2:08 pm

Wowbagger wrote:
I just want people to leave me alone.

Agreed. When my son was first diagnosed, those were my directions to the school: "Leave him alone."

I often dream of taking my family to live in the woods. It almost recently came true! Although, I do enjoy other people oftentimes, and some of the comforts of a civilized society. Like soft toilet paper. :) Ahhhhhh.......squeezably soft.

Love, Peace, & Auspie Rock,

LadyBug

Taineyah
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Aug 2004, 3:28 pm

I want it to be quiet.... I want to be left alone, I definitely agree with that. I want the people in my life to stay in the same places and not move around or go on vacation. I want my mum to stop making me eat stuff with funny textures... I want to be treated like a human being, with the feelings that go with that.

TenebraruM
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Aug 2004, 7:30 pm

To be understood, not critisized for not showing enough emotion, no having "sincere sounding" gratitude, speaking in such a "flat" tone, not to be forced away from my own world (staring & observing, listening and recalling music). My ever-so beleivable pretending & acting has become my downfall & trap - people beleive I am a different person to what I am, including my parents.

And above all, no change. I'm in my last year of the sixth form now (well coming up to), where everythings settling down, I can just about manage a conversation or two, things are good (aside from money wise), I'm in a familiar environment ... as soon as that years up, it's off to university. I have meltdowns when catching a train or leaving my house, nevermind living or existing somewhere foreign. I want it all to freeze, time to stay still, if you like.

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2004, 8:39 pm

I want humanity to admit that we are the superior species and hand over control of the earth.
We are the next step in human evolution, and the earth is rightfully ours! Stop polluting our world and enslaving our kind!

If you act graciously we MAY let you live as our slaves and playthings.

gavrod
Raven
Raven

02 Aug 2004, 9:08 pm

I want to be treated with decency and respect and above all not be treated like I'm abnormal. We're all human beings like anyone else, and we may have our eccentricities but us Aspies all deserve to be treated properly :!:

Torley_Wong
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Aug 2004, 12:03 am

I just want to be happy and be fun. I wish the same for my fellow human beings :)

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who also wishes I didn't have to explain things over and over again about who I am and why I am the way I am... it's so Redundant! ;)

flamingjune
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Aug 2004, 1:01 am

Torley_Wong wrote:
I just want to be happy and be fun. I wish the same for my fellow human beings :)
I'm sure I'm not the only one here who also wishes I didn't have to explain things over and over again about who I am and why I am the way I am... it's so Redundant! ;)

Not just who I am and why, but I'm also tired of having explain myself period. I thought I had a rather firm grasp of the English language yet I have to explain every statement several times before anyone understands what I'm saying.
I would also like people to realize that just because I like to be alone does not mean I am depressed/unhappy.

sepia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Aug 2004, 6:12 am

i would like an nt/as babel fish :lol:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2004, 2:53 am

I want to live a life of Freedom away from labels. I would like to be treated as NT, I would like everybody that I see to presume competence when they look at me. I would like people to look at what's on the inside, instead of the outside, unless they admire how groovy I look. I would like people to let me figure things out for myself. I would like to live in the type of world where everybody can be themselves and wear whatever they want without having to deal with derogitory comments about Intelligence Level. I would like to be accepted as I am. I would also like to be able to walk into a non-grocery store without being asked if I need any help after only two seconds. And if a person can't accept me as I am, I'd like them to leave me alone.

focused

04 Aug 2004, 3:52 am

I want the opportunity to use myself. I want to find a place and a way that I can use myself. This modern world and the people that inhabit it bring me down. I have great abilities but struggle to use them. I want to succeed in making this world better or at least be able to try.

KtMcS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Aug 2004, 7:05 am

I would like this damn rash to go away for starters.....

I want tolerance and acceptance. An end to all violence would be nice, and everyone with manners and tact. I would like all politicians locked up and the key melted down and poured away.

I want to pass all my exams - 3weeks until results day arrrrrrgh!

Sonas càirdeas

magic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2004, 9:25 am

I have the same feelings as Focused. I want my life to have impact. I don't want to pass unnoticed like a neutrino. I have entered a path to realize my dreams, but I am at its very beginning and it looks perilous.

However I have a different opinion about the modern world. I think that it is drifting towards me, by becoming more and more technology-oriented. People are replaced with machines, and I can interact with those much easier. The net is truly my window to the world.

I would like to be accepted as I am. I wish that people could do at least a little effort to understand me. Maybe as little as 5% of what I am doing would be enough, and we would get along fine. And finally, I would like to be able to be happy my way whenever I am happy.

KtMcS, I completely agree with your remark on politicians.