Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

14 Oct 2007, 11:31 am

like being praised? i know either way for me it has no effect on me. this means that peope could tell me im doing horrible or a good job and i pretty much stay the same. what about you

MysteryFan3
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2007, 11:36 am

If I think it's sincere, I appreciate it. Otherwise, I fake appreciation to avoid hurting someone's feelings and let it go.

Spaceplayer
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Oct 2007, 11:38 am

I appreciate a quiet compliment, knowing I did a good job is important. It depends on degree and context. If I saved the world, sure, throw me a parade. Otherwise, I don't want a lot of gushing or attention, I get embarrased and never know what to say.

"That'll do, pig, that'll do."

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2007, 11:41 am

I had to learn to enjoy praise. Up until a certain point in my childhood, I hated it. It made me feel deeply ashamed and embarrassed. I hated having attention drawn to myself, especially positive attention of any kind. I just wanted to be left alone to enjoy my thoughts.

The source of the praise is still an important issue for me. I still don't like being praised for things that I'm not especially proud of. For instance, I don't like being praised on work I've done for school unless it's an accurate reflection of my thoughts and interests, which it usually isn't. But I recognize that praise can be a sign of future success so I welcome it as long as it is genuine. For instance, if someone likes a story I've written maybe that means that a thousand other people would feel the same way and want to buy a copy of it from me, thereby helping to me make a living by doing something I enjoy.

RadiantAspie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Oct 2007, 11:44 am

I think anybody regardless of neurological condition like praise every now and then. I do have to say though that I kind of do feel uncomfortable with it because they tend to rely on me more, and I have trouble with that kind of pressure.

Religion: A good way to demonstrate our ability to believe things that just aren't so.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2007, 12:13 pm

I've always loved being praised.

Incidentally, I was practically worshipped in high school. I wish I could relive those days.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

RB
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Oct 2007, 1:28 pm

I do if I feel I deserve it, however it tears me up inside if I think it's wrong or too much and I try and correct them explaining how it's not a big deal or something else I did cancels it out.

dalhousie12
Veteran
Veteran

Location: A frozen baron wasteland, me and my friend tuk have to watch out for flying frozen hockey pucks Eh!

14 Oct 2007, 1:52 pm

Im somewhat happy on the inside when being praised but don't show much emotion or bodylangauge on the outside.
I made a great speech in tech school and classmates were praising me left and right barely affected me, i just wanted to drink.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2007, 1:54 pm

Spaceplayer wrote:
I appreciate a quiet compliment, knowing I did a good job is important. It depends on degree and context. If I saved the world, sure, throw me a parade. Otherwise, I don't want a lot of gushing or attention, I get embarrased and never know what to say.

SAME HERE! Apparently, it IS a facet of AS. Frankly, I like it. If I do something well, and don't get noticed, I generally don't complain or ask for praise unless I am being treated overly harshly, or someone ELSE is taking credit for it.

JustSteph
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Oct 2007, 1:59 pm

richardbenson wrote:
like being praised? i know either way for me it has no effect on me. this means that peope could tell me im doing horrible or a good job and i pretty much stay the same. what about you

I'm the same

lastcrazyhorn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2007, 4:19 pm

I used to disagree with people whenever they gave me praise. But one of the rules that music majors eventually learn is to always accept praise no matter how you thought you did. So I can take it now.

BATMAN: I'll do everything I can to rehabilitate you.
CATWOMAN: Marry me.
BATMAN: Everything except that.

http://lastcrazyhorn.wordpress.com - "Odd One Out: Reality with a refreshing slice of aspie"

Zarathustra
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2007, 4:34 pm

Generally my response to fulsome praise is "No Tounges if you dont mind!" Just makes me feel ickkie...

maccer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Oct 2007, 5:02 pm

I love being praised... it makes me feel as special as arsenal are.

spazmaticstitch
Raven
Raven

14 Oct 2007, 5:04 pm

I hate it!
I don't feel like I deserve it. Ever.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2007, 5:08 pm

I feel really good wen ppl praise me as i feel good about meself n therefore a lot of ppl have respect 4 me includin me achievements in memorising maps, train timetables, namin da countries n memorsing all da different countries of flags. :D

WCHandy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Oct 2007, 11:33 pm

I like to get compliments if it's about something that I've done. Compliments about what I'm wearing etc. are useless. Either way I don't seem to miss them if they don't come so they're not required.