Aspie-only dating sites: good idea or not?

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2007, 4:41 pm

There are only two Aspie women in Texas that are single. Neither wants a relationship, one of them is asexual, and they are both socially conservative.

I was wanting one who was liberal and had a high sex drive.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

geek
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2007, 4:46 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
There are only two Aspie women in Texas that are single. Neither wants a relationship, one of them is asexual, and they are both socially conservative.

I drove almost 1500 miles to get together with one of those, and I was in California, not Texas. Some things are worth a long drive.

crackedpleasures
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2007, 4:48 pm

Joybob wrote:
Total Male Members: 570
Total Female Members: 182

'Nuff said.

I did see a few nice girls on that site but the location issue remains... The one whose interest was closest to my own personality was living in a country I had already lived before so that was no option to me. I never checked the site again afterwards but I would say if a dating site has only 752 profiles it is worrying. Guess that shows my point however about how aspie-only dating sites face some serious obstacles in trying to be a success...

(excerpt from The Book of the Law - Aleister Crowley)

"Od lo avda tikvateinu" (excerpt from the Israeli hymn)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2007, 5:23 pm

geek wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

I drove almost 1500 miles to get together with one of those, and I was in California, not Texas. Some things are worth a long drive.

But nearly all of those now are already in relationships. And if there are any that are single, the farthest they are willing to travel is 50 miles, and there aren't any such people within 50 miles of me. And if they can't find an Aspie where they are, they'll just date an NT.

Tim

geek
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2007, 7:07 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
if there are any that are single, the farthest they are willing to travel is 50 miles, and there aren't any such people within 50 miles of me.

I'm not much of a believer in long-distance relationships, but many people are willing to relocate for the right person. You might consider it. Were I a leftish person living in Texas, I'd probably be considering it anyway.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2007, 7:12 pm

geek wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
if there are any that are single, the farthest they are willing to travel is 50 miles, and there aren't any such people within 50 miles of me.

I'm not much of a believer in long-distance relationships, but many people are willing to relocate for the right person. You might consider it. Were I a leftish person living in Texas, I'd probably be considering it anyway.

If I weren't bogged down by school, I would have considered it.

Tim

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2007, 9:59 pm

I don't put much stock into any kind of internet dating service. Despite the common problem that aspies have in face-to-face interation (and believe me, I'm no exception), I prefer to meet someone in person without needing something like the internet (although once I've met, I have no qualms about internet usage.)

As for the aspie thing, I guess I don't really have any reason to date an AS over an NT (without some other factor in place, such as interests), as I generally have equal distrust for any individual at first, regardless of AS status (I've been betrayed by too many people to just trust anyone with personal information openly).

crackedpleasures
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2007, 4:23 am

I'm happy the internet exists though for social contacts of all sorts (both dating and regular friendships) and that the internet brings no boundaries such as body language and eye contacts. I have had several friendships in real life that started off by meeting the person online ; a first "real" meeting can be much more relaxed if you have the feeling you know the person already from the internet. However, I am a bit sceptic towards dating sites and did not try any of those so far.

(excerpt from The Book of the Law - Aleister Crowley)

"Od lo avda tikvateinu" (excerpt from the Israeli hymn)