Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2007, 7:20 am

I like Vonnegut's novels and I read most of them. I like especially Slapstick even if it can't be called one of the best pieces of this author. I find fascinating the story of twins living in a mansion separated from the normal world. I always had a weakness for books' characters who live far from normal people (not only in a geographical sense), not participating in their life.

Zarathustra
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2007, 10:50 am

'S funny u should mention AS. the thought had crossed my mind. he does talk about his family alot but i didnt get any AS vibes...

Joel_Overbeck
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Oct 2007, 5:04 pm

I loved Slaughterhouse-Five. It resonated emotionally with me. I'm still struggling with self-doubts and general anxiety about something that happened a year ago, so its message of calmness facing the inevitable gave me strength.

I finished Cat's Cradle today, but it was lazily written and most of the characters are uninteresting and/or interchangeable. The only thing I liked about it was the description of the mad scientist's life (a pretty obvious case of Asperger's) and the ending. The rest of the book was a chore.

nutbag
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2007, 12:43 am

Pretty good author. Kilgore Trout is better.

cynicism occurs immediately upon pressing your brain's start button