Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2007, 8:39 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjTfutSmEOs[/youtube]

My buddy just showed me this, looks disgusting. $20 a month but apparently the battles are really like this, think of a 3D Master of Orion II on steroids and real-time. Just the entire feel and ambiance of whats there really makes me wish I had the time on my hands to get into that kind of thing but, like anyone else I only have so many hours in a day.

Brian003
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Oct 2007, 9:31 pm

I played this game in trial (Eve Online) for about 20 minutes then quit.

It seemed like "All Flash, No Substance" and was boring.

geek
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2007, 3:52 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Just the entire feel and ambiance of whats there really makes me wish I had the time on my hands to get into that kind of thing but, like anyone else I only have so many hours in a day.

Yeah... that's the game where they were planning to set it up so that you could get paged or text messaged any time your side was under attack. Just what I want, my pager going off at 4 AM to tell me that I need to defend a virtual spaceship.

I think this is a good game for people who have no intention of ever getting a life.

ev8
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Oct 2007, 11:26 am

All I see is eye candy. Sweet, sweet eye candy, but I'd rather watch that trailer a couple times than pay 20 bucks a month for a ... what is that, an MMORTS?