Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2004, 7:45 am

Eleven years ago, I graduated from Highschool. However, it wasn't until my last day in the actual School Building that I felt excited. I felt that the weight of a ton of bricks were lifted off of both my chest and my shoulders, the moment I steped out of that School for the very last time. I was a bit of a Flower Child back in those days as well. I was able to just let it all hang out seven days a week instead of just on the Weekend. It was such a relief. I was antisocial and the Hippie thing was just comming back into Vouge up in Canada and the Adolecent Girls weren't catching on, yet. I dressed in Hippie Fashion and created some wild artwork for a whole year, despite the fact that I was in a Work Experience porgramme at the local College. Than I became an older, more mature version of what I was like, before my Hippiehood started.

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2004, 1:37 pm

I remember my last day of school. A construction crew working outside the school hit a power line and knocked out power to the whole school. I was so looking forward to hearing the bell ring for the last time, and I never got to hear it.

Shucks!

magic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2004, 4:13 pm

The last day of high school was the day when we all got our diplomas. There was a ceremony in the cafeteria (it was the first time I visited that place). The principal was reading names of 200 or so students one after another and handing diplomas. Everyone nearly rolled on the floor laughing loud, because she was saying full names, and - as it is probably true everywhere - parents often stuff the strangest things into middle names, knowing they will never be used. :D

Real classes actually ended more than a month before that event, and the time in between was devoted to exit exams.