Page 3 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2007, 4:41 pm

Most of my worst social experiences have involved other women, so I tend to stay away from them (except my mom... she's awesome).

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2007, 5:38 pm

i get a long better with guys for sure. but i can accommodate the ladies too.

to me most guys' fascinations with most sports and cars is about as unsound as womens' desire for shopping and getting their nails "did."

ive always been pretty randy, maybe that's why

edit: oh and incoherent too... oh well, lol for me!

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2007, 5:55 pm

Hmmm, still not locked, eh??

alegziz
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Oct 2007, 6:13 pm

At last! someone, ANYONE else, who understands acceptable fluffiness has limits! And those limits remain in place regardless of gender.

I hate shopping. I'm uninterested in sports. And cars. The most "girly" conversations I get into revolve around a) "I hurt, it's the wrong time of month" or b) pregnancy. The second one only happens lately because I've lived in the same house as a pregnant sister, and I have a friend who needed someone other than her mother to talk to. Secondhand experience being better than none, I suppose...

I hate people, too. People are idiots. Including me. And it seems the point of this thread was to vent about the paticular idiocies of typical women. So, kindly get over the impulse to require everyone to be politically correct about everything, and accept that you, too, are an idiot. Just about different stuff than other people.

lionflower
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Oct 2007, 6:56 pm

KristaMeth wrote:
ariflower wrote:
I hate mysogynists!

We are all human - some of of us kinder and more compassionate than others. Sounds to me like women have hurt your feelings more often than men. What we don't understand is frightening and can prove hurtful as well.

But a blanket statement regarding the hate of a specific gender is no different than hating a specific racial group. It is ignorant and fear based - and it really needs to stop.

You need to take responsibility for your own sh@#@. Accept that you are limited in understanding certain women - where they are coming from, what they want - the motivating factors. And then stay away from the hurtful ones - no different than staying away from ill intentioned men.

If you feel too confused or afraid - simply walk away.

I'm sorry, I thought it was pretty obvious that I was being stereotypical. And though I may not meet your PC standards, I'm still going to tell you that I think it's dumb to act like stereotypes aren't truthful at all. More black people wear FUBU than white people. More women are overly emotional than men. Insert many other well known stereotypes about race, gender, specific music genre listening labels and stereotypes here.

I think it would be very fair to say that all my life, women have "hurt my feelings". Maybe that's because women tend to use feelings as tools more than men?

Do you think I'm saying men don't do that? Or all women do that? I thought I tried to get that point across in my original post.

The fact remains that I refuse to dance around my words for people for whatever stupid reason. It sounds to me like you've had your feelings hurt by someone who was overly politically incorrect with you at once. The fear of political incorrectness is ignorant and fear based, and it needs to stop.

Also, I am not a women hater. I am a people hater. This just happens to be one small aspect of my dislike for people. My next post will be about football watching, boob grabbing, caveman grunting, lazy slob men. TY.

There is nothing PC about me. I am a woman - I love being a woman and I love women - I'm not queer or bi. I simply believe that too many of us are taught that it's okay to hate women.
Just because I'm not a racist doesn't mean that I'm worried about what people think - on the contrary - I have my opinions and my beliefs and it sounds to me like you've got more issues than Ausperger's.
Perhaps it's that you haven't had many experiences with a multitude of people from different cultures and so your ignorance and lack of understanding is what makes you hateful - I believe Hitler had a problem with that too - didn't he also hate people?

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2007, 9:47 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
Hmmm, still not locked, eh??

Why would it be? Its obviously not a mysoginistic rant.

KristaMeth
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2007, 10:18 pm

alegziz wrote:
At last! someone, ANYONE else, who understands acceptable fluffiness has limits! And those limits remain in place regardless of gender.

I hate shopping. I'm uninterested in sports. And cars. The most "girly" conversations I get into revolve around a) "I hurt, it's the wrong time of month" or b) pregnancy. The second one only happens lately because I've lived in the same house as a pregnant sister, and I have a friend who needed someone other than her mother to talk to. Secondhand experience being better than none, I suppose...

I hate people, too. People are idiots. Including me. And it seems the point of this thread was to vent about the paticular idiocies of typical women. So, kindly get over the impulse to require everyone to be politically correct about everything, and accept that you, too, are an idiot. Just about different stuff than other people.

I'm an idiot too. Thank you so much for calling yourself an idiot too<3 That is so refreshing.

KristaMeth
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2007, 10:21 pm

ariflower wrote:
KristaMeth wrote:
ariflower wrote:
I hate mysogynists!

We are all human - some of of us kinder and more compassionate than others. Sounds to me like women have hurt your feelings more often than men. What we don't understand is frightening and can prove hurtful as well.

But a blanket statement regarding the hate of a specific gender is no different than hating a specific racial group. It is ignorant and fear based - and it really needs to stop.

You need to take responsibility for your own sh@#@. Accept that you are limited in understanding certain women - where they are coming from, what they want - the motivating factors. And then stay away from the hurtful ones - no different than staying away from ill intentioned men.

I'm sorry, I thought it was pretty obvious that I was being stereotypical. And though I may not meet your PC standards, I'm still going to tell you that I think it's dumb to act like stereotypes aren't truthful at all. More black people wear FUBU than white people. More women are overly emotional than men. Insert many other well known stereotypes about race, gender, specific music genre listening labels and stereotypes here.

I think it would be very fair to say that all my life, women have "hurt my feelings". Maybe that's because women tend to use feelings as tools more than men?

Do you think I'm saying men don't do that? Or all women do that? I thought I tried to get that point across in my original post.

The fact remains that I refuse to dance around my words for people for whatever stupid reason. It sounds to me like you've had your feelings hurt by someone who was overly politically incorrect with you at once. The fear of political incorrectness is ignorant and fear based, and it needs to stop.

Also, I am not a women hater. I am a people hater. This just happens to be one small aspect of my dislike for people. My next post will be about football watching, boob grabbing, caveman grunting, lazy slob men. TY.

There is nothing PC about me. I am a woman - I love being a woman and I love women - I'm not queer or bi. I simply believe that too many of us are taught that it's okay to hate women.
Just because I'm not a racist doesn't mean that I'm worried about what people think - on the contrary - I have my opinions and my beliefs and it sounds to me like you've got more issues than Ausperger's.
Perhaps it's that you haven't had many experiences with a multitude of people from different cultures and so your ignorance and lack of understanding is what makes you hateful - I believe Hitler had a problem with that too - didn't he also hate people?

Hahaha... oh my God. Wow, just, wow. Am I the only one floored by this? Or am I seriously coming across as Hitler? Anyone? Seriously. Wow.

Wrackspurt
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2007, 3:21 am

ariflower wrote:

Good lord. I suggest you go back & read the original post (& the ones in between) a little more carefully. You are way off here. That's awful to say something like that to someone you don't even know.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2007, 6:45 am

KristaMeth wrote:
ariflower wrote:
KristaMeth wrote:
ariflower wrote:
I hate mysogynists!

Hahaha... oh my God. Wow, just, wow. Am I the only one floored by this? Or am I seriously coming across as Hitler? Anyone? Seriously. Wow.

Planning on invading poland any time soon?

MarieElana
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2007, 7:35 am

x: Odd, I have a lot of friends and it seems equal- the only friend of mine that's a girl that gets on my nerves is because she's so obsessed with anime and flaunts her print-out naruto pictures and all that crap around. And even then I can't keep myself from giving her cuddles and hugs.

diffi_CULT
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Oct 2007, 8:32 am

hello you all, i am new to this forum but from the first visit on i was amazed by this topic because now i know that i am not the only woman who has a problem with women. i agree with what you say about the difficulties about being with women though i am i woman too. for me women are a strange and harmful species which i will never come along with. i wouldnt say i hate them, i rather feel lost and weird when i have to be with them. i prefer beeing with men because this is the species i belong to. i am diagnosed with kanner autism and have a extreme male brain. i think this is the main reason why i feel so much comfort at males presence and so much uncomfort at females presence.

skahthic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2007, 9:17 am

I dunno--- I'm feeling down on the entire human race for the time being. I don't have many close friends, male or female. There does seem to be too much cliquiness with females in general. But the problem with many males is that when i talk to them, they seem to think that they are gonna "score". Which then makes me suspect males of alterior motives thereafter.
However, I do find it often easier to talk to males ( once they know I have a BF then they know they won't "score" and they can talk to me without any pressures and I can do likewise) and they often do say it like it is. I prefer that.
Women will often say one thing to you and then say something completely different to someone else. I don't like that. I'd rather avoid the drama.
My biggest problem, though, is that in social settings people (male and female, but more often female)will try and tell me problems they have with someone else who is present. I can get loud on a topic if I am passionate about it, but often I am quiet. People think this means I am bored. So they tell me all about their issues with so-and-so ( my quiet nature leads them to believe I'll also stay quiet about their issues). I end up having to feign a full bladder or something to get away. And yes, I won't divulge a person's secret to another because this wraps me up even further in a situation I never wanted any part in to begin with. People generally think I have a weak bladder by now...

Angelus-Mortis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2007, 9:41 am

KristaMeth wrote:
There was a post somewhat similar to this, but it was by a dude, which makes mine different... right? And he didn't actually hate women.

Now don't get me wrong, obviously I can't hate ALL WOMEN. In fact, the only person (other than my fiance) that I like enough to consider a true friend is female. I like the women who say they don't get along with other women.

I find most women to be terribly over emotional. Deceptive. Backstabbing. Shallow. And they seem to be far more concerned with cliques and social status more than men.

See, I have this theory that I get along better with men in part because of my AS. I feel they're far easier to socialize with than women. I really think it has a lot to do with the fact that men aren't anywhere near as hard to read as women. Women have all those hidden signals and false niceties. I just think men are more genuine in general, more black and white, straight to the point. I feel far more comfortable talking about something cut and dry like World of Warcraft, with a dude, as opposed to "why that girl is such a b****" or my favorite place to shop.

I find myself completely bored and lost in most conversations with women, and more interested and excited to talk with men.

I know I'm stereotyping quite a bit, but do any other Aspie women feel the same way?

Yes I do, actually agree with you. Several NT's on the Internet think I'm male, and I hate my gender. I don't discriminate against women themselves either, but I don't like the female stereotype, and I don't like being female. I don't like being lumped in with all the other females, who like socializing (and possibly hanging out in bathrooms for long hours for that purpose), going shopping (talk about boring!), get emo and expect people to care (selfish brats), etc because then people expect me to be the same, but I know that I'm not that shallow or illogical. I know that I'm not because I enjoy and mostly excel at subjects like math, and am not very emotional; in fact, I'm insensitive. Unlike most women, I don't use my social skills (or lack thereof) to take advantage of other people. I try to be as honest as possible, because I know that lying only gets you into trouble.

Despite that, I actually have quite a few female friends, but they don't fit the stereotype anyways. None of them are particularly interested in fashion, are super chatty and bother me to go shopping with them, and they're probably not very emo; if they did have some emotional problems, they wouldn't expect me to help them with it, even if I were willing to listen to them. In fact, a few of my female friends attend or attended the same math classes I did. Of course, such people are difficult to find.

Arbitraris id veneficium quod te ludificat. Arbitror id formam quod intellego.

Ignorationi est non medicina.

KristaMeth
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2007, 12:32 pm

ariflower wrote:
KristaMeth wrote:
ariflower wrote:
I hate mysogynists!

I've been exposed! 8O

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2007, 12:42 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: