Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2007, 6:02 am

I never liked the word in connotation with the internet, though the ones under the bridge and the dolls were somewhat cutish.

Now it would seem there is a certain personality that trolls for attention, setting off psychic bombs and tearing away in a frenzy of giggles onces detonated. I guess the mods are off on holiday. Oh well.

miserylovescompany
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2007, 6:06 am

If you know who it is who is trolling the board, you should PM Alex or another mod with their name so they can check out their posts, Quatermass and MrMark are another 2. You could also include a link to the trolled posts.

Zarathustra
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2007, 6:50 am

a dangerous recreation... recently here in UK, someone tracked down a troll and paid him a visit... I'll leave the rest to your imagination...

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2007, 6:59 am

ZARATHUSTRA wrote:
a dangerous recreation... recently here in UK, someone tracked down a troll and paid him a visit... I'll leave the rest to your imagination...

My imagination is more or less depleted. I know it was unpleasant, whatever it was. What was it?

On sabbatical...

miserylovescompany
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2007, 9:25 am

I have no idea.....something like this should have made the news as they are always going off about internet saftey over here, but I've heard nothing. The only way someone can track you down is if your stupid enough to give out you address, phone etc.

Zarathustra
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2007, 9:49 am

i'll try to track the news story down and post a link. read it originally in Daily Telegraph, month or two ago, but troll got thumped, and thumper ended up in court...PS how's sunny Mansfield? Used to visit when i used to go to the Vibelite Raves (Scary)

Zarathustra
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2007, 10:24 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scot ... 407944.stm

ascan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2007, 1:58 pm

ZARATHUSTRA wrote:
...but troll got thumped...

So, how do you know the guy was a "troll"?

Oh, perhaps it's a democratic thing, is it? You know, if the majority don't like someone, or that person doesn't fit-in with the current paradigm of social and political acceptability then they deserve a good kicking; is that what you're saying?

I reckon the two in your story got off very lightly. I guess having a name like Khadka must be useful. If the assailant had been Smith and the victim Khadka, Smith would be doing 6 years +.

Don't you love British justice!

Zarathustra
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2007, 3:33 pm

Hmmm. I'm inclined to agree, they did get off lightly. But I couldnt track down the actual posts to see what when on. I do remember from the newspaper report that flaming went on for quite a while, and went from heated debate to out & out racist abuse. Will c if i can track it down...

KristaMeth
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2007, 3:58 pm

Can someone please define "troll" for me? I'm not down with your forumgoer lingo. I've heard it used before, but I've never been one for forums until I found this one. Someone enlighten me?

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2007, 4:13 pm

KristaMeth
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2007, 4:17 pm

Kalister1 wrote:

And people say Aspies are literal :P

Yog-Sothoth
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2007, 4:31 pm

Ha, I used to be the Troll Slayer back on boards like 12chan and not4chan and playchan and some others, I was an expert at fighting off bitter pedophobes. Most people say to leave them alone and they go away, but I think of it as a real troll, of coarse if you run away it will be gone, but what kind of Viking would I be if I just fled?
My method to defeating trolls was to actually defeat them, not ignore them, and I was always successful. Half because trolls are never very smart, and half because I would never give up, like a true Viking.

Zarathustra
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2007, 4:33 pm

Anybody wanna ask the people involved? All on www.bebo.com still. And ya'll think WP's a bearpit...PS, the troll joke was too good to miss. Now, let's all keep it nice and polite, people...*KissyKissy* XxX

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2007, 4:33 pm

Ugh. I can't get over how I walked right into a troll's setup on here a few weeks ago... I always wind up playing the fool somehow.

Zarathustra
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2007, 4:44 pm

They got me on the very first thread. Learning fast tho' (Hey! aint you that scary girl that had me hightailin' it right back to my cave the other night...)