Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

lastcrazyhorn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2007, 12:24 am

I'm reading Tony Attwood's, "The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome," right now (a great read btw) and he mentions that people with AS often have prosopagnosia (the inability to identify faces or face blindness).

Well, I'm an artist; I like drawing online especially. The things that I am especially good at drawing are inanimate objects. But one of the things that I'm horrible at are faces . . . I just can't imagine how they work when I'm looking at a blank screen. In addition, I was looking back through some of my drawings from high school and I noticed something about the people I would draw. They would always be faces heavily in shadow and I never drew in the eyes . . . just the shapes themselves.

You gotta wonder if I don't have prosopagnosia too.

BATMAN: I'll do everything I can to rehabilitate you.
CATWOMAN: Marry me.
BATMAN: Everything except that.

http://lastcrazyhorn.wordpress.com - "Odd One Out: Reality with a refreshing slice of aspie"

Yog-Sothoth
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2007, 12:31 am

Ha, I got the opposite, I remember faces but not names.
I used to draw a lot in school, but not now that I'm out, and I am pretty good, I definitely have a unique style, but I only draw demons and robots and monsters and stuff, I refuse to draw people.

Bigbang
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Oct 2007, 12:55 am

Someone posted a link to test facial recognition a few weeks ago... maybe if you browse the forum you might retrieve it to test yourself. Generally prosopagnosia refers to the complete inability to recognize people from their faces, thought aspies might have a mild form of it.

Angelus-Mortis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Oct 2007, 11:46 am

I draw faces often, so it would be difficult for me not to know how to draw one. Although when attempting realism, it's still fairly difficult unless you have a reference or stock photo with you. I don't think I have this problem much, but I do have problems with making the face the right proportion, or sometimes, having the sizes or positions of the eyes matched up.

Arbitraris id veneficium quod te ludificat. Arbitror id formam quod intellego.

Ignorationi est non medicina.