Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

squeeker
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Oct 2007, 8:30 pm

I think mine's the crab "Cancer" one. And while I don't dwell on Astrology and don't care for it all that much, I have found that numerous traits of mine have matched with the Cancer sign so, well, it's just interesting.

lastcrazyhorn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2007, 8:35 pm

Aries here. Fits me like a glove. Stubborn but wildly energetic.

BATMAN: I'll do everything I can to rehabilitate you.
CATWOMAN: Marry me.
BATMAN: Everything except that.

http://lastcrazyhorn.wordpress.com - "Odd One Out: Reality with a refreshing slice of aspie"

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2007, 8:57 pm

I don't belive in astrology, but I can't help being obsessed with it.

Sun: Aries
Moon: Pisces
Ascedant: Sagittarius
Chinese: Year of the Sheep/Goat

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2007, 9:19 pm

Scorpio

Speedy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Oct 2007, 1:33 am

Apparantly this is a Virgo;

Individuals born under this sign are thought to be
highly intelligent, logical, practical, realistic, nurturing, devoted, uninhibited, caring, loving, self-sacrificing, quiet, considerate, protective, and loyal. They can be prone to
coldness and the inability to be demonstrative; can be calculating, hard-edged, overly critical, perfectionist, judgmental, compulsive, and vain.

Taken from Wiki. Also says my colours are navy blue and grey, which is mad, because yesterday I was wearing my favourite grey t-shirt and navy blue jeans...
Also my metal is Quicksilver, which given my username, is coincidental.

Just read a passage about Virgo males, it was like someone has been watching me from afar.

Born Sept 18, 7:40pm, a month late. Sums me up quite well.
Some interesting posts here.

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." Inigo Montoya

Macallan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Oct 2007, 1:42 am

KimJ wrote:
Macallan wrote:
I'm not entirely sure what sign I should be as I was born at 11.30pm on 20th March - right on the cusp of Pisces and Aries, which have very different personality types. However I can see myself in characteristics for both signs.

What time zone are you in? Our zodiac books usually are based on EST. If EST, you are Pisces on the cusp of Aries. According to the Birthday Book,
Quote:
The of the Labyrinth. . . . People born on this day possess certain unusual gifts as well as special problems. For example, they are in many ways the most highly evolved creatures of the year. . . , On the other hand, they may find it difficult to start certain important endeavors and to leave the past behind. . . . must also beware of falling into depressions, which no amount of idmiration will help. . . .
Strengths-Logical, sensitive, versatile
Weaknesses-Unrealistic, unsure

Quote:
Born on this day: Ovid, Henrik Ibsen, B.F. Skinner, Spike Lee, Holly Hunter, Bobby Orr, Fred Rogers, Carl Reiner

source; The Secret Language of Birthdays by Gary Goldschneider and Joost Elffers

Thanks, KimJ :D

I have to confess that I feel less than highly evolved at this time in the morning! :P

I'm in the UK so my time zone is GMT. I can feel the urge for reseach coming on.......

Wrackspurt
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2007, 5:51 am

The sun sign is only a very small fraction of a persons chart. You have to have a full chart made up, only then will it will make sense - or close to.

I much prefer chinese astrology (full chart) for fun. I've found it to be much more accurate, it's been around longer too.

KimJ
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2007, 10:31 am

Macallan, I don't know. I can't find anything that specifies what to do with GMT other than "if you're born early in the morning check the previous day, later check the next day" to see if that explains you better. Weirdly enough, March 21st is the first day listed in the book while March 20th is the last.

Quote:
The Day of Clarity
March 21 people tend to have forthright and essential personalities, rather than complex or ultra-sensitive ones. They are often misunderstood by others, who find them unwilling or unable to fit into the ordinary social mold. This is because they live life purely on their own terms, an attitude that extends into even the simplest of their everday actions, tasks and responsibilites.
Strengths-courageous, self-expressive, direct
Weaknesses-misunderstood, antisocial, dictatorial
Celebrities-J. S. Bach, Modeste Mussorgsky, Benito Juarez, Matthew Broderick, Florenz Ziegfeld, Walter Gilbert, Robert the Bruce, Gary Oldman, Timothy Dalton

These entries are snipped for the most concise information, btw, as is the celebrity list. I highly recommend that book and its sister, The Secret Language of Relationships, which pairs people up according birthdays. They are very addictive.

Plutonian_Persona
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Oct 2007, 10:42 am

Wrackspurt wrote:
The sun sign is only a very small fraction of a persons chart. You have to have a full chart made up, only then will it will make sense - or close to.

I much prefer chinese astrology (full chart) for fun. I've found it to be much more accurate, it's been around longer too.

Thanks for the reminder that the Sun is only small part of one's chart! Although I am a Libra Sun Sign (28.5 degrees, Libra-Scorpio cusp!) with a Libra Ascendant, I have the Moon, Mercury, Venus, and Uranus in Scorpio conjunct one another in the 1st house. Plus the two rulers of Scorpio, Pluto and Mars, are very prominent in my chart: Pluto is conjunct the ascendant and Mars is the highest planet in my chart (10th house). My overall chart tenor (modes + elements) = Fixed Water (Scorpio).

I like Chinese astrology too and Vedic (East Indian) astrology is very interesting as well.

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2007, 12:45 pm

This site creates free natal charts. It can accurately compute everything according to your time and place of birth.

Astrodienst

It has a lot of other free reports and services too, and I don't think you have to give them your email or anything.

Macallan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Oct 2007, 1:33 pm

KimJ wrote:
Macallan, I don't know. I can't find anything that specifies what to do with GMT other than "if you're born early in the morning check the previous day, later check the next day" to see if that explains you better. Weirdly enough, March 21st is the first day listed in the book while March 20th is the last.

Quote:
The Day of Clarity
March 21 people tend to have forthright and essential personalities, rather than complex or ultra-sensitive ones. They are often misunderstood by others, who find them unwilling or unable to fit into the ordinary social mold. This is because they live life purely on their own terms, an attitude that extends into even the simplest of their everday actions, tasks and responsibilites.
Strengths-courageous, self-expressive, direct
Weaknesses-misunderstood, antisocial, dictatorial
Celebrities-J. S. Bach, Modeste Mussorgsky, Benito Juarez, Matthew Broderick, Florenz Ziegfeld, Walter Gilbert, Robert the Bruce, Gary Oldman, Timothy Dalton

These entries are snipped for the most concise information, btw, as is the celebrity list. I highly recommend that book and its sister, The Secret Language of Relationships, which pairs people up according birthdays. They are very addictive.

Thanks again :D From my quick research before going to work this morning I found out that 21st March is considered the start of the astrological new year, which is why it will be listed first in books. I also discovered that the cusp of two signs extends for 5 days either side of the actual cusps and the nearer your birthdate to either end of the cusp, the less likely you'll be equal parts of each sign. I appear to have been born right on the actual cusp of Pisces/Aries which is apparently the most significant cusp of all. Yay!! Go me :lol:

Anyway, I've just checked out my chart in EvilKimEvil's post and the interpretations for the planetary positions are spookily accurate.

I'll definitely check out your book recommendations - thanks :D

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2007, 4:17 pm

Well, I looked up the info for "Taurus," and yes, out of the approximately 30 descriptive adjectives (some of them conflicting, ex. loyal and 2-faced), a few fit me. Then I did the same thing for Capricorn, Pisces, Cancer, Aquarius, and Leo, and got the same results. There were always a few that applied to me, but no general overall matching for any of them. I don't believe in astrology even a tiny bit, if you could tell. These are stars that are thousands or more light years apart not only from us but also from each other. They just happen to look like they are close together from Earth. I really doubt they can be used to predict mine or anyone else's life or personality.

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2007, 4:08 am

I don't know much about this stuff, but I'm Leo.
Born in the earth snake-year of '89. And if I'm not mistaken, earth is basically the same as yellow, and there's also supposed to be a taste and a musical tone.

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."

steff
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Oct 2007, 5:18 am

aw i feel sorry for my star sign - it got crushed by hercules so hera gave it a place in the sky.
im not sure if i match my sign, i dont tend to basque in the limelight but im born on the cusp of leo so im apparently a bit more forward.

*humph* anyone cancer out there?

steff x

riverotter
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2007, 9:06 am

Astrology is a bunch of bullsh**t. Due to precession, unequal sizes of the zodiacal constellations, and get this- Jupiter is in Ophiuchus right now- it has completely no bearing in reality whatsoever.
That said, sun-sign wise I'm a Gemini-Cancer cusp, which fits pretty well.

polarity
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2007, 7:45 am

Sun: Aquarius
Mercury: Aquarius
Venus: Aquarius
Moon: Taurus
Mars: Cancer
Jupiter: Gemini
Saturn: Leo
Uranus: Scorpio
Neptune: Sagittarius
Pluto: Libra
Ascendant: Sagittarius

My chart has aspie written all over it, and I've just been through a hellish Saturn return (it being in opposition to the three planets in conjunction in Aquarius).

I don't think of astrology as being fixed to the position of the stars/constellations or any cosmic rays, they're just a reference point that has shifted since it was first used. Instead there's a cycle that's divided into 12 parts (it could be divided by any number really, giving more or less different signs) that ties in closely to human psychology and culture (and lots of other cycles of varying length).

Sun signs are totally misleading by themselves, as everyone has aspects from nearly all of them. You need to look at a whole chart to see how closely it relates to an individual. For basic astrology that means 10 planets each in one of 12 signs, an ascendant (sign rising on the horizon) giving a further division of the sky into 12 houses that the 10 planets can fit into, then the aspects between each planet and all the others. You can go on to be as detailed as you like, with more aspects looked into (angular divisions of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 are normal, but they go on forever with decreasing influence), other object in the sky included, such as the large asteroids like Chiron, and even etheric planets that are on other planes of existence, but whose orbits have been roughly plotted.

I didn't believe in astrology except I got a program with a computer magazine subscription (I had to pick one and it was the least boring of the 3 available), It sat on the shelf for a few years then I fired it up one day when I was bored, then after doing my own chart and those of friends and family, found that charts are more individual than fingerprints. When you look into it in enough detail and spend some time weighing up the sign and house placements and aspects to get an overall picture, it just fits too closely to individual people.