Animal Crossing Addicts Anonymous

Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

kittenfluffies
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2007, 11:38 am

Who here is addicted to Animal Crossing for the DS? I know there have to be other Aspies here that are as obsessed as I am.

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2007, 1:00 pm

I used to play it consantly
I was trying to get all of the regal and lab furnature.
right now I am playing something else though, I havent played for a few months.
8O My house is probably infested with cockroaches :D

Panzyo
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Oct 2007, 1:11 pm

I haven't gotten Wild World yet. I pretty much always start a game on the Gamecube one around Christmas time, though. I forgot last year and made it up to the game by making an Animal Crossing related AIM screenname. XP

kittenfluffies
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2007, 2:26 pm

Raph522 wrote:
I used to play it consantly
I was trying to get all of the regal and lab furnature.
right now I am playing something else though, I havent played for a few months.
8O My house is probably infested with cockroaches :D

haha. I love your cat videos by the way :D

My boyfriend and I have a few here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/debtochalism

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2016, 6:45 pm

I've been playing AC on the 3DS for over a year now. I've been posting screenshots of my game on Facebook. Last month I designed and posted cupid costumes I designed for male and female villagers, and this month I made a leprechaun costume that goes rather well with the Shamrock hat I received last St. Patty's Day.

I've also just finished paying off all the loans to both my villagers' houses (I have a boy and girl that I both play)

I've been doing a lot of diving in the ocean lately trying to find scallops for Pascal to trade for pirate furniture, but I think I'll be giving the game a break soon. Maybe after Easter. No, April Fool's day. I *have* to post the wackiness that happens on those days on Facebook... yeah. :)

Last night I was looking at all kinds of plushies of video game characters on Amazon, and there were a few of the Animal Crossing critters. The only plush I've seen of them around here is one of Rover the cat at Walmart, but I was not impressed by his small size.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2016, 9:48 pm

I have been impressed with AC New Leaf. My kids have lost interest for now, but I keep up with it weekly. :mrgreen:

Quill
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2016, 1:33 pm

I played the original Animal Crossing for GCN for over seven years. I completely loved that game! I'm not even sure why I stopped playing it, but I guess I just slowly faded away from it over time. I'll have to check out my town one day. I bet it's nothing but weeds!

I have played the newer games, but they haven't caught my attention the same way. I personally didn't care much for City Folk, and all of the other games have been for DS or 3DS. I have played them, but not for more than a few weeks or so before I stop. I like playing games on consoles a million times better than handheld systems, and I tend to stick with them longer. I just prefer the bigger screen and more comfortable controller. However, if another Animal Crossing game for console comes out, I'll definitely be buying it!

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2016, 10:07 pm

I play New Leaf all the time.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2016, 10:45 pm

Yesterday I started paying Animal Crossing NL again after a month. I was not surprised to see my character with messy hair, cockroaches in the house and weeds all over the place, but I was surprised to see Leif (the sloth who sells gardening supplies) standing near my house asleep. I woke him and he told me Isabelle had asked him to pull all the weeds out, but he fainted when he saw how many there were. He asked me to pull them out while he timed me and kept track of how many were left. It got frustrating when there was only one weed left (where the HECK is it?!) but I got them all pulled out, and Leif gave me a flower-themed record player.

Cool, I got rewarded for neglecting the town for a whole month! :lol:

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2016, 6:53 am

If I still had my DS I'd have to explain to my work why reports weren't done and there's a good chance "because hunting beetles" wouldn't cut it XD

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2016, 7:20 am

I love New Leaf. Anyone want to play over wi-fi sometime?

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2016, 9:40 pm

I would, bot my Ds just up and stopped working. .-.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2016, 1:27 pm

So if I were to start playing Animal Crossing, what might I start with? I only have a DS, 3DS, PSP, and a Wii.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Quill
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2016, 12:57 pm

If you have the older kind of Wii that can also play GameCube games, I would recommend starting with the original game just to see where the series started. If not, I think New Leaf would probably be a good place to start because it's the newest game out (besides Happy Home Designer, which isn't a traditional Animal Crossing game), so it's still pretty popular and you'd be up to date before another game comes out.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2016, 1:08 pm

^I think I'll check out New Leaf, then. :)

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2016, 1:12 pm

^^
I have New Leaf. :D