Birth Control Pills for 11-Year-Old Girls.

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2007, 7:48 am

I think it should be available, maybe not through the school. Also the HPV vaccine

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2007, 9:33 pm

I saw this topic on the news, asking "should pre-teen girls have access to the pill"

To me this is a no brainer question, the answer is yes. Girls these days seem to be getting their period at a earlier age, I really hate it when parents say "I am not letting my girl have birth control" because they are basically saying that they don't care if their daughter gets pregnent. The pill does not encourage sex, they are going to do it weither we like it or not, at least let them be safe about it, that is why I agree with sex-ed, better let them know what they are getting into before they get curious, try it themselfs and then learn the hard way.

Bottem line is a girl who is getting her period is entitled to access to the pill, regardless of age.

Cameo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Oct 2007, 9:50 pm

If the school wants to hand out condoms, fine.

But birth control pills screw with hormones, and that could be damaging for so young a girl. Schools aren't there to prevent teen pregnancy, they are there to teach academic subjects. I agree 100% that they shouldn't be giving out drugs. What's next, the school nurse inserting IUDs?