Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2007, 2:15 pm

makelifehappen wrote:
EvilKimEvil wrote:
I dream of becoming a tattoo artist, but I don't think I have the social skills for it.

'
Social skills?

Bleck!

Who needs those??! !

and besides, I can recall perfectly when I went to get mine, all the guy said was "are you going to be ok sweetheart"

Likely because my eyes were clenched so tight and fists were balled even tighter, but that was the extent of our interaction. I told him what I wanted, he agreed and away we went. You could too!

Thank you for the encouragement!

My tattoo artist was not very talkative either. But lately, I've been watching tv shows like "LA Ink" in which the tattoo artist is like a therapist. Those shows seem to be popular, so then I start to think that maybe people expect talkative tattoo artists these days. There's no way I could do any kind of art and hold a conversation at the same time.

Maybe I could call my shop "Autistic Tattoo" or "Aspie Ink" so that people would expect a silent and quirky artist. :lol: (I'm only half serious--that could invoke a whole bunch of stereotypes and other issues.)

Everchanging
Toucan
Toucan

Location: In my ivory tower where I don't have to pretend to care what you think any more.

07 Nov 2007, 4:22 pm

3 so far, 4th on the way ASAP.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

09 Nov 2007, 1:00 pm

I don't have any tattoo's.
My mother has one on her thigh though and it is one of roses.

I am afraid of getting infections and diseases from getting a tattoo.
My mother went into shock when she was getting her tattoo and she knows someone who had hepatitis B transmitted to them by getting a tattoo.