Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

neurodeviant
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2007, 6:27 pm

I wabt one of those 'test your might' punching machines, with a counter to show how hard you've punched.

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

19 Nov 2007, 7:38 pm

I second 0_equals_true's endorsment of fillable Makiwara striking bags.

I also like Makiwara boards:

I'm in the process of converting part of the first floor of my cabin into a small martial arts studio; there is a vertical support beam in part of the room that I've attached Makiwara punching boards to on two sides at three levels. Good for punching, kicking, elbowing, kneeing, and headbutting, and even work with escrima sticks; good for working on speed, form, and power, or just blowing off steam. Also good for toughening up hands, feet, and shins. Plus, I like the way hitting the boards on the beam makes the entire cabin shake, all the way up to the third floor (from what I'm told). :wink:

Good fortune,

- Icarus really does box with the dancing flies...

Fedaykin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Nov 2007, 5:04 am

I've got one myself, here's a video of me using it:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsIjk04Nxno[/youtube]

Bought a cheap one for the equivalent of $70 or so including gloves. Only weighs 12 kg, so it moves a bit.

Sapphires
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Nov 2007, 9:01 am

I've always wanted one, but my parents won't let me =P
Plus I can't figure out where to hang it in my room without injuring myself whilst punching it.

vandire
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Nov 2007, 9:10 am

I have one of the same style - it's incredibly fun to use, but then the people in the flat below started complaining about noise. (a decent kick and it'll slam into the ground. Apparantly it sounded "like you were breaking through the floor or something") I still use it for light handwork occassionally, though.

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2007, 10:26 am

I used to have one. Many years ago, I told my boyfriend that all I wanted for Christmas was a massage and a punching bag. He gave me an awful "massage machine" and a giant punching bag. I had to be careful using the thing so it wouldn't break the rafter in the house we were renting. It was five feet tall and weighed 60 pounds. I managed to move with it a few times, but eventually, it ended up in my mom's basement. Now I want a small one that I could have in my appartment. It's a delightful form of exercise if you live in the city or it's too cold to be outside.