Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

newaspie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Oct 2007, 12:58 pm

I found that I may be either allergic or extremely sensitive/intolerant to gluten and perhaps caseine/dairy as well. I have IBS, gastric reflux, acid reflux, chronic nausea, unexplained peripheral neuropathy and tremors, and recently had my first seizure. Many of these are also symptoms of Celiac disease (allergy to gluten). I've also learned through my own research that high percentages of those with autistic spectrum disorders and ADHD are found to have celiac disease or gluten/caseine intolerance.

I'd like to know anyone else's experience in either being diagnosed with celiac disease or in trying a gluten/caseine free diet. I'm going to start my new diet within the next week and chronicle my symptoms to see if there is improvement over time. Any tips, suggestions or personal experiences would be appreciated.

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Oct 2007, 1:21 pm

I started a " Gluten-free-diet:Diary and Support thread" over on the Members Only part of forum about a week ago because there seems to be such a lot of interest in this subject , and because in General each new thread about it disappears off the front page so fast and not many people seem to bother looking a couple of pages back to see if already been covered ; there have been at least two recent ( in last three weeks ) new threads started about gluten-free diets in this section, and there's probably more in the back pages ! !! !
I posted my own experiences in some detail on both the last but one on here ( now some where on page 6 , ! !!) , and the one I've set up in Members Only.
So look forward to hearing how it goes for you on there.
Good luck!!

Last edited by ouinon on 21 Oct 2007, 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

newaspie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Oct 2007, 1:25 pm

oh great! i will search around for the posts/info. :) As much as the diet will be a pain to follow (especially at first), I'm excited about the possibilities of being healthier and feeling MUCH BETTER.

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Oct 2007, 1:28 pm

Absolutely , me too. Done it enough to know it has significant , even amazing effect, and in the 12 days since stopped this time I have again noticed how much better I feel!!

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Oct 2007, 2:07 pm

Just bumped up 3 or 4 threads ( out of 6 on the subject) in the most recent 12 pages of General discussion.! !! ! 8) And discovered two more myself which made good reading ! ! :lol:

newaspie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Oct 2007, 9:35 pm

cool! I'll definately browse around and check them all out! I've started the diet or at least tried to.. but I still have too much tempting food in my house.. hopefully over time as it keeps get replaced with gluten/casein free food, it will be easier to follow.

so far I've had great days and followed it to a T, and terrible 'eating whatever I want' days..

I do think though even after just a few days without any wheat or dairy, I did physically and mentally feel better, so if I can just get to a point where I can stay on track and STICK to it....