Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Oct 2007, 1:10 am

the OP is clearly a troll. ^_^

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2007, 1:17 am

I wish everyone else had Asperger's , or that it never was. I can't find my way around, or through, the wall that is between me and other people. There is just something impenetrable about other people, and I wish, so desperately, to know what it is.

toothepaste
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Oct 2007, 1:19 am

i wish i was an astronaut. 8O

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2007, 1:39 am

toothepaste wrote:

:lol: Your flippant humor just broke me out of my depressive spell.

toothepaste
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Oct 2007, 1:41 am

Kalister1 wrote:
toothepaste wrote:

:lol: Your flippant humor just broke me out of my depressive spell.

really? would you like some of my tomato soup? :)

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2007, 6:24 am

My doc explained when he diagnosed me that AS was just a part of who i was. AS is not a disease,
it just means u are different. I don't like the idea of a cure for my personality, makes me feel like a complete an utter f%$ked up freak. it is just plain insulting.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2007, 7:05 am

tweety_fan wrote:
My doc explained when he diagnosed me that AS was just a part of who i was. AS is not a disease,
it just means u are different. I don't like the idea of a cure for my personality, makes me feel like a complete an utter f%$ked up freak. it is just plain insulting.

although there are people who are campaigning against cures of AS,the scientists/doctors/whoever it is are hardly going to start by curing aspies anyway,it'll be the severe lf kanner types they will be going after.
it's all about funding to them and they are going to use that for the people they assume need it most.

JCJC777
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Oct 2007, 2:28 pm

If you are serious about getting cured try this - http://unlearningasperger.blogspot.com/ - it's worked for me. Very best wishes, JC

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2007, 5:52 am

thats a good point KingdomOfRats, i would think that any efforts should be towards making life easier for autistic people and people with aspergers. it would be good if people could retain the good traits of their personality and improve the not so good ones. I would not want this cure to make everyone the same.

moo_cow
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Nov 2007, 4:57 am

I was told that there is more federal government funding for the research of Asperger's Syndrom recently. Does anyone know the details and if this is true?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2007, 8:34 am

I'm not interested in a cure. I was never interested in a cure. I will never be interested in a cure. I am not broken, I was never broken and I never will be broken. So what, if I'm more like Sid than Einstein? That doesn't make me less of a person, and Sid knows a toilet when he sees one, thank you, very much, just like I know a toilet, when I see one. Not all the women in the world, are perfect super models, who have perfect sphincter control. Having such problems does not make me defective. I will not be drilled to "act normal" and cattle prodded by an ABA therapist, when I refuse to obey his orders. I will not be turned into a compliant sheeple. I also refuse to be a sexy female NT bimbo who only talks about clothes, guys and make-up. Sid says "Jump!", you ask, "How high?"

Sid

Angelus-Mortis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Nov 2007, 1:58 pm

Wanting there to be a "cure" means you do not understand what it means to be an Aspie or you do not understand what it implies.

Arbitraris id veneficium quod te ludificat. Arbitror id formam quod intellego.

Ignorationi est non medicina.

Aridarr
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2007, 2:37 pm

I'm quite happy the way I am; most of the time. The only problem I have that I would want a cure for is my anxiety, but that is probably more related to psychosis than Asperger's.

Other than that; I love being weird. I love being called a freak.

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2007, 4:47 pm

Why have you been feeding the (fairly obvious) troll for six pages already? It's plain that what you've got is your garden-variety NT asshead, wanting to start a fight, in accordance with John Gabriel's Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory...

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2007, 5:28 pm

DeaconBlues wrote:
Why have you been feeding the (fairly obvious) troll for six pages already? It's plain that what you've got is your garden-variety NT asshead, wanting to start a fight, in accordance with John Gabriel's Greater Internet f**** Theory...

The food is poisoned! froggy is like the proverbial one in hot water. :lol:

beentheredonethat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2007, 9:44 pm

You play your cards the way they get dealt. Whether it paralyzes you or not is up to the way you handle it. I've lived with it all my life. And we didn't have all these fancy medicines when I was a kid. I coped. I made a good living. I didn't like other people, but I still have a nice family and I'm comfortable with who I am.

What cure?

Why?

I'd probably be very boring without out it. Yeah, I know, I'm boring anyway, but I don't really care.

btdt