Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2007, 11:23 am

Other than give you drugs, did the shrink help you overcome your troubles?

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2007, 11:27 am

Hello! Here is what I take.
I would not mind possibly being on some kind of anti depressant...

but i was raised to have a strict aversion to most pharmaceuticals...or the mental health industry (i kinda don't but don't ave the $$)

um...ok

l-theanine a harmless amino acid found in green tea that is great for helping the body deal with stress (i.e. the constant sensory overload)

GABA...does something of the same thing...just promotes a sense of well being and ability to cope.

These two are compatable I have a supplement that contains them both...

Rhodeola Rosea is a nice non-stimulant form of energy...

lots and lots of omegas...I am crap without them

DHEA..becuase when you feel alot of stress it is harder for your body to produce it on it's own..

recently i have also started taking holy basil which is hightly prized in aryuvedic medicine for maintaining all kinds of functions..i have noticed neither positive nor negative effects..possibly because I take so many other things

um...

and if I really am having "one of tose days"..which is like...every day..

I put concentrated ginsing extract and guarana in my tea...it tastes awful but gives me alot of energy.

and

but often if I am messed up or panicky or all melty-downy and such....then it is the good ole' Xanny for me...

but an alternative to Xanny is blue lotus extract...I love the stuff

RaeRae
Raven
Raven

23 Oct 2007, 2:05 pm

I take Concerta for ADHD, a low dose, just enough to relieve the symptoms that drive myself crazy.

I hate most medications. The side effects are usually not worth it.

For Asperger, eat better. I avoid sugar, milk and most grains. It helps a lot. Especially with the constant stomach upsets. I find that sugar can increase feelings of aggitation.

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2007, 2:51 pm

Good recommendations. Especially the rhodeola which rebuilds nerve endings - that's my fav part, aside from the soothing benefits.

I will add kava-kava, valerian, Rescue Remedy and motherwort tincture.

poopylungstuffing wrote:
Hello! Here is what I take.
I would not mind possibly being on some kind of anti depressant...

but i was raised to have a strict aversion to most pharmaceuticals...or the mental health industry (i kinda don't but don't ave the $$)

um...ok

l-theanine a harmless amino acid found in green tea that is great for helping the body deal with stress (i.e. the constant sensory overload)

GABA...does something of the same thing...just promotes a sense of well being and ability to cope.

These two are compatable I have a supplement that contains them both...

Rhodeola Rosea is a nice non-stimulant form of energy...

lots and lots of omegas...I am crap without them

DHEA..becuase when you feel alot of stress it is harder for your body to produce it on it's own..

recently i have also started taking holy basil which is hightly prized in aryuvedic medicine for maintaining all kinds of functions..i have noticed neither positive nor negative effects..possibly because I take so many other things

um...

and if I really am having "one of tose days"..which is like...every day..

I put concentrated ginsing extract and guarana in my tea...it tastes awful but gives me alot of energy.

and

but often if I am messed up or panicky or all melty-downy and such....then it is the good ole' Xanny for me...

but an alternative to Xanny is blue lotus extract...I love the stuff

juancho
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Oct 2007, 3:47 pm

Merle[/quote]

It can also interfere with oral contraceptives, so take extra precautions![/quote]
it is not supposed to be used with various medications either,if going to use it and are on any medications,make sure it is safe to take with them first.[/quote]
The main risk with st john's wort is Serotonin syndrome, from mixing with other anti depressants[/quote]

0_equals_true wrote:
KingdomOfRats wrote:
opal wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:
juancho wrote:
Eaves-dropping here--

I've been anxiety-ridden all my life.
Am Aspie (undiagnosed) but think I might try St.J's wort as a last(?) resort. I'm tired of putting up with it!.

you have to be careful not to get sunlight on you with St J's wort. Turns you yellow/orange.

Merle

It can also interfere with oral contraceptives, so take extra precautions!

it is not supposed to be used with various medications either,if going to use it and are on any medications,make sure it is safe to take with them first.

The main risk with st john's wort is Serotonin syndrome, from mixing with other anti depressants
v[quote]

Thanks to all. About contraceptives: Ha! I'm 82. No such danger.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2007, 8:50 pm

I don't like St. Johns wort..it has a weird kind of effect on me mentally...plus I am already super-sensitive to the sun....don't need to be moreso....