Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2007, 12:49 am

Yes, I'm like that as well.

percival
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Nov 2007, 3:02 am

I used to think I had no sense of humor as a child; I cried when I was teased by my father, and never made any jokes (though I liked to 'take in' comedy, like Monty Python, Mad magazine -as another thread here recently reminded me of- etc.)

As an adult, my sense of humor is considered to be amazingly good, and it's enabled me to move around in the NT world more than anything else. I credit my marriage and the little satisfying social interaction I have to this.

Anniemaniac
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Nov 2007, 3:42 am

I never had a "normal" sense of humour and have been told numerous times that I've got "no sense of humour!". It's quite odd, because if I don't laugh at something other people find funny, they seem to take it deeply personally, as if I'd just insulted them.

As a child, other kids found me weird because I'd watch cartoons for the story, not the humour. I didn't even realise cartoons were supposed to be humourous until I was 11 when I was at a friends house watching cartoons, and ever other minute she and her 3 siblings would crack up and I'd have no idea why, so, to avoid being looked upon as "weird", I'd force a laugh and laugh along with them whenever they did.

Having said that, I'm currently obsessed with the Animaniacs, and I DO laugh at their jokes. Not so much the physical stuff, but the clever, witty remarks and puns that come from the Warners' mouths. Nobody understands what I see in the Animaniacs, but I don't understand what they all see in Family Guy or Southpark...

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2007, 5:41 am

I once saw someone elderly, walking down the street, from the window of a bus.
I found it amazingly humourous. My friend thought me insane.
I can't explain why it was funny. It seemed to make perfect sense at the time.

P.S. I just noticed the post above. What I see in South Park, is how Kenny has gotten increasingly paranoid through the years of constant death. For instance, he screamed in terror when he was forced do attend wood shop-class. This may seem cruel, yet it does amuse me.

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."

Simmyymmis
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Nov 2007, 9:01 am

I find it amusing reading some of these posts. I share and have shared many of the same experiences. I actually take pride in the fact that my sense of humour is quite different from most other people's (NTs) as they are *so* missing out on my alternative perspective. In fact this has become a point of great self-fulfilling humour in itself, as I now find it hilarious when people don't get what I find so funny.