Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2007, 3:55 pm

Can you look at faces or do you find that some repulse you or that they just confuse you?

I can look at faces as long as they are not talking to me or too close to me, but I find that if I try and name what the person is thinking or feeling, no words come to my mind... like a total blank there... it makes no sense.

Can you look at a face, see the expression, have some vague idea, but be unable to name an emotion for the face ?

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2007, 4:11 pm

I can look at faces often, unless someone makes me uncomfortable. When a good friend is in a funk, i usually exasperate them by asking them what the problem is, it's rather infantilish of me. They usually storm off and i feel like i did something wrong, when i was only trying to help.

lastcrazyhorn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2007, 4:14 pm

I can look at faces as long as they aren't angry faces. Then I shrink and either move away or close my eyes, if I can. Angry faces unnerve me.

BATMAN: I'll do everything I can to rehabilitate you.
CATWOMAN: Marry me.
BATMAN: Everything except that.

http://lastcrazyhorn.wordpress.com - "Odd One Out: Reality with a refreshing slice of aspie"

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2007, 4:16 pm

lastcrazyhorn wrote:
I can look at faces as long as they aren't angry faces. Then I shrink and either move away or close my eyes, if I can. Angry faces unnerve me.

Anger has to be there in the voice generally for me to know someone is angry unless the facial expression really is extreme..in which case, I too cannot look at them and cannot bear them looking at me and cannot talk.

NI
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Oct 2007, 4:19 pm

I have a odd fascination with faces, well, people in general really. I don't know why, but I analyse most I see and compare them to others :P Half of it comes from wanting to develop my people drawing skills, and the other half from the fact that I keep seeing similarities that nobody else seems to notice when I point out...

I don't have any problems reading expressions, though I do get confused by some people over whether they're being serious or not. They're usually just being awkward on purpose though.

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

25 Oct 2007, 4:32 pm

I can look at faces, and with more humans than not I can read them fairly well.

I suffer from partial face blindness though, which is a pain in the ass. I need to see someone several times before I remember their face; there've been times where I've introduced myself to someone, and then done the same thing the next day because I didn't remember what they looked like. :? It can also sometime take me several seconds to recognize someone whose face I do know, which is a very strange sensation.

Good fortune,

- Icarus needs to spend more time staring in to a mirror...

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2007, 4:37 pm

I like looking at faces but quite often am not sure what mood the expression is portraying, unless it's obvious like when someone laughing. People with a 'dry' humour often catch me out. Unless they're laughing or smiling I tend to take what they say seriously.

I have noticed that if I see someone out of context, for example a shop assistant that I know, I might see walking around town and know her face but won't know where I've seen her before. That happens quite a lot.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2007, 4:37 pm

I find it unbelievable that anyone can remember a face after just one viewing anyway?
I only come to recognise a face on someone I talk to a few times at least.