Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

aautismgirl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Oct 2007, 11:12 am

In fact,it’s not hard to recognize autismearly.If the parents observe carefully, they could find out that children with autism always fall behind children of the same age in a lot of things. In addition, they possibly also appear some unusual behaviors.

Children with autism have some symptoms in common.If your chlid have many same symptoms with the following list,you should take the child to hospital to get diagosed.

1.Don’t get along well with other children.

2.Like to twist things.

3.Don’t like eye contact.

4.Frequently laugh for nothing.

5.Love to play alone.

6.Have no fear to real danger.

7.Don’t like hugs.

8.Don’t care about the surrounding.

9.Don’t have obvious reaction to the pain from the body.

10.Don’t have reaction to sound.Just like deaf.

11.Not interested to toys.Extremely infatuate with his/her own hand.

12.Too quite or too active.

13. Attached to something unnomally.

14.Always be extreme sad for nothing.

15.Repeat sentences form others,but do not answer by him/herself.

16.Resist regular behavior or movement.

17.Don’t know how to play with toys,put them in mouth or keep twisting them.Do not stop arranging all of the toys.

18.Speak late,always repeat words heard form others after speaking.Cannot clearly distinguish the pronouns like you, I, he… for a long time.

19.Not interested to cartoons.But extremely love the advertisements and weather forecast on TV.

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Oct 2007, 1:48 pm

hmm... i saw this on my other site i usually visit, and so my reply will be the same as that 1, i enjoyed number 19 cause I often watched the news and weather rather then cartoons, at least when I was little, as i got older that changed a bit. Of course when I was 7-8 I spent those mounths watching desert storm, my parents hated this, tryed to prevent this, tho i was quite sneaky about it, and was the only kid to understand what was happening over their at such a young age, and even had a slight fear that because we burned oil to heat our house, since at the time i though it was all on fire, we might freeze during the winter, or for the rest of the winter in early 1991. Another reason my parents hated me watching the news, they thought I would grow up to fast and worry about stuff I should not at such a young age. That is one of my favorite memories and I still enjoy hearing accounts of people in the gulf at the time.

Liverbird
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Oct 2007, 2:03 pm

AAACKKKKK

Last edited by Liverbird on 29 Oct 2007, 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2007, 3:01 pm

aautismgirl wrote:
2.Like to twist things.
5.Love to play alone.
7.Don’t like hugs.
17.Don’t know how to play with toys,put them in mouth or keep twisting them.Do not stop arranging all of the toys.
18.Speak late,always repeat words heard form others after speaking.Cannot clearly distinguish the pronouns like you, I, he… for a long time.
19.Not interested to cartoons.But extremely love the advertisements and weather forecast on TV.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 12 (active), 15

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Oct 2007, 3:14 pm

Kateyjane wrote:
Then when he was born....never slept. Cried all of the time. It seemed as if the entire world existing annoyed him. Noises, lights, fabrics, everything. He could never be soothed.

That reminds me of the mothers who set up the dairy-intolerance support groups in Australia. I've forgotten the name of the one who wrote a super book about it . But they said over and over again that their babies never stopped crying right from birth, wouldn't settle, impossible to calm. Until they cut out dairy, sometimes even from the mothers diet if she was breastfeeding , but mainly just the bottle stuff!!

And there was peace!!
8)

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2007, 5:16 pm

am answered yes to all of the questions excluding

Quote:
Always be extreme sad for nothing.
as it makes no sense and
Quote:
Not interested to cartoons.But extremely love the advertisements and weather forecast on TV
the rest still strongly apply,in adult form.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2007, 7:09 pm

aautismgirl wrote:
2.Like to twist things.
5.Love to play alone.
7.Don’t like hugs.

1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 12 (quiet), 19

LadyMahler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Oct 2007, 8:56 pm

Hate to say this, but I believe the start of this thread is merely a(nother) pitch for the autism-world website. Happened before - it seems to be always some emu-egg member who posts, as their first post, an excerpt from the site. Duh. Nobody does that as a virgin poster on this forum - we're aspies after all. We lurk, then we crawl in somewhere shyly without making waves...

I don't think WP is advertising grounds. Also, the web page this thread refers to has so many spelling and grammar mistakes, it takes away a bit of the credibility.

Just my R0,02.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2007, 9:10 pm

LadyMahler wrote:
Hate to say this, but I believe the start of this thread is merely a(nother) pitch for the autism-world website. Happened before - it seems to be always some emu-egg member who posts, as their first post, an excerpt from the site. Duh. Nobody does that as a virgin poster on this forum - we're aspies after all. We lurk, then we crawl in somewhere shyly without making waves...

I don't think WP is advertising grounds. Also, the web page this thread refers to has so many spelling and grammar mistakes, it takes away a bit of the credibility.

Just my R0,02.

You ARE right of course, but it IS interesting. Still, and I should have said this before, a lot IS open to interpretation.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2007, 10:16 am

LadyMahler wrote:

Just my R0,02.

is there no way to check if they are real people or not? although looking likely it is bad because she has not replied to defend.
did a whois on autism-world domain, and it is china based,probably explains the really bad and confusing way of English writing.

Yog-Sothoth
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2007, 10:22 am

I stopped trying to understand what she was saying at about number 15.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2007, 11:12 am

Yog-Sothoth wrote:
I stopped trying to understand what she was saying at about number 15.

Try and understand their adult test,which is even worse:
http://www.autism-world.com/index.php/2 ... lt-autism/

Quote:
.If the result indicated that you have three items at least, then you might have to be careful! You have perhaps already suffered from the new city syndrome: “Adult autism”

at least they are not calling autism a disease though,that's a start.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2007, 12:36 pm

Yeah, I guessed that this is adveritising, as the author has only one post.

laplantain
Toucan
Toucan

28 Oct 2007, 10:47 pm

My child doesn't even fit a lot of these-
Did not do #2,4,6,7,8,10,14,15,16,18,19.

He never twisted anything-his hands didn't have enough strength for that. He looks at people like a deer in the headlights, but he doesn't avoid eye contact- he stares like a cornered animal. He is or was afraid of EVERYTHING. Loved hugs, seemed more stressed out than sad, neither answered questions nor repeated sentences, sought out repeated movements, spoke right on time, and loves cartoons like the movie Cars, Nemo, etc. etc. etc.
Plus I know lots of little kids who are extremely attached to certain objects and are not on the spectrum at all.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2007, 4:03 am

SPAM

delete this thread, don't post anything below!