Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

TruthfulTrout
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Oct 2007, 7:45 pm

Oh yes, I'm far too sarcastic for my own good sometimes, though I also intersperse some dry wit here and there. I almost never give anybody a straight answer, though. Example:

Friend: How was your weekend?
Me: I died a little inside.
Friend: Aww...I'm sorry to hear that.
Me: ...It was sarcasm.
Friend: Oh...OH! HAHAHA! Funny.
Me: That was the point...

Now, however, most people know when I'm being sarcastic. It's annoying when I try to be serious though. Nobody takes me seriously. =_=.

makelifehappen
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2007, 8:02 pm

Yep. Here too. I am extremely sarcastic~better for me though. Easy to ease my brutal honesty with a sarcastic twist :twisted:

Khalaris
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Oct 2007, 6:36 am

Sarcasm is my "default", too. I used to be really sarcastic all the time, but most people didn't get it and thought I was being serious, so I stopped saying it out loud. I still have a constant flow of sarcastic comments in my head.

KindaRetarded
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Oct 2007, 9:51 pm

I'm not sure sarcasm is the right word for it. But people definitely read me in the wrong context. I might say something I think would be funny but I then get the "wtf?" look from others. and when my brain goes nutso on me and I get super introverted, I talk really stiffly and almost too politely and it sounds phony or insincere and people take that as hostility when really I'm just trying to stay under the radar and lighten the mood with my oddly worded, inappropriately timed humour.

Arbie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2007, 11:42 pm

Sure.

Oh I mean Nooooo, not meee, I am never sarcastic, in fact I don't even know what the word means. How do you pronounce that anyway? Sahr-caz-tick? Is that right? I just love learning new words, words like "Sarcastic".

Speedy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Oct 2007, 9:37 am

So no one then. Never mind. Another thing mentioned already is giving a straight answer. If I ever get asked if I can do something for someone, I will always say no, regardless of the task. Being monotone, it gets seen as being rude.

I get it when I've been to one of my least favourite places, the dentist (too close for my liking). When they've put in the anasthetic to make my mouth "numb", and start working on me, they ask if it hurts. Despite having a partially numb mouth that is wide open, I always manage to get "no, it's like a party in my mouth" out. They don't like me there.

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." Inigo Montoya

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2007, 11:18 am

RainSong wrote:
I was sarcastic for a very long time. But apparently there's some sort of tone inflection or something that I never picked up; for the longest time, everyone thought I was being serious, and only my family ever picked up that I might not be (usually with a "Are you being sarcastic or serious?"), and my uncles got it; no one else ever did. Thus, I gave up on it (or more accurately, I trained myself out of it), although I still slip back into the habit once in awhile.

I have my moments. And I'm really not thrilled when it crops in. I don't like it when it's used on me - and am really disappointed in resorting to an unpleasant way of communicating whose sole purpose, I think is only to hurt the other person and empower the ego.

Love your name and the song btw.

flikr
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Oct 2007, 5:01 pm

I am too sarcastic, a lot of the times my reply is meant to be sarcastic, and i say it in as serious a voice as possible because to me that makes it even funnier but I have too good of a sense of humor and nobody ever gets it