Have you ever met/seen a celebrity?

Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2007, 6:49 pm

When my family and me were in the capital for my sister's surgery, we saw a woman who is very famous in Mexico called Lin May (I don't know exactly what she do), but I don't like that woman.

On anime-cons I've only met dubbing actors, for example Mario Castañeda (he's the voice in spanish of the adult Goku in DBZ), and Enzo Fortuny (InuYasha's voice in spanish). Also I've met comic artists from Kaboom Studios and DibujArte (a magazine about how to draw).

Im_Looking_Thru_U
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Oct 2007, 8:31 pm

Let's see...

I've met the bands All-4-One, Boyz II Men, and Night Ranger in the course of my job as a truck stop waitress. When I was a medical assistant, a former Portland police officer who does commentary on shows like COPS and World's Wildest Police Videos (I can't name names for confidentiality reasons) saw the doctor I worked for. I've delivered stuff to a member of the Portland Trail Blazers and he gave me a $40 tip. I met webcomic artists R.K. Milholland (Something Positive) and Aeire (Queen of Wands) at Japantown Anime Faire three years ago and got some really lovely sketches from them.

I've met and talked at length with two of my state's governors, both state senators, and a state representative while serving on my college's student government.

I've also had very nice email conversations with singer Lisa Loeb, and authors David Brin and Anne McCaffrey.

About 4 years ago, my parents ran into Rudy Giuliani while visiting NYC for my cousin's wedding. It was really funny, my cousin's wife had wanted to meet him for a really long time, but of course SHE had to work that day, so everyone EXCEPT her got to meet Rudy. She was so bummed!

loske
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Nov 2007, 7:46 pm

I saw Britney Spears about 4 years ago outside my uni in Sydney. Even then she was dressing like a hooker - black leather hat and mini skirt at 10 in the morning.

Farscape fans only - I saw Gigi Edgley out with her boyfriend in Sydney.

DeStRuCtO
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Nov 2007, 8:21 pm

I saw "Weird Al" Yankovic in person about 6 years ago on my 13th birthday...The greatest day of my life to date! 8)

Liverbird
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Nov 2007, 10:01 pm

I've met anyone who was anyone in punk music in the 70's and 80's. I've met Dean Hagland from the X-Files. Lots of other musicians. Anne Robinson who starred in the original War of the Worlds movie. Tippi Hedrin from The Birds.

Believe it or not, the guy who was called Dr. Love back in the 90's (he was a gynecologist who was putting his patients out and knocking them up) was my first gyno...I met him and talked to him for about 5 minutes, he made me feel creepy, so I walked out and asked for a different doctor.

I ran into (literally) Julia Roberts at the airport in Tucson, Arizona one time. I accidentally walked into the set of "Turner and Hootch" during filming. Some guy started screaming at me and I burst into tears and Tom Hanks very nicely walked me off set and offered my girlfriend and I lunch from the catering table. Lots of authors, I'm always going to book signings.

This past summer we were in Roswell, New Mexico and I met Doug Ogg, a cartoonist. I also met the two guys who are like the primo researchers for the Roswell incident. I also met the guy who debunked the Alien Autopsy. That was really interesting.

Go_lightly
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Nov 2007, 3:15 pm

I worked at a Starbucks in Notting Hill when I was 18. Served coffee. To Nick Cave (and his son), Robbie Williams (when he was chubby and blonde), Brian Molko (very unshaved), Trinny (from What not to wear).
Jarvis Cocker, Thom Yorke, Neil Tennant, Brett Anderson, the guy who played Spud in Trainspotting.

Stay away from Notting Hill, kids. Too many goddamn popstars...

Timelady
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2007, 4:46 pm

I hardly see celebrities (well famously)

Tony Blair- We had a photo taken from the newspaper, when it was school trip.

Tony Husband- a person who used to do comics for Private eye and draws cartoons
This how he draws.

Ivan Lewis- MP of Britain and works in Bury, Manchester

I saw some extra actors from coronation street, one lives next door and one goes to my school.

I live the worst place in Britain.

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2007, 8:04 pm

Oh, I also met BanYa (a band), they make music for the different versions of the dancing simulator videogame Pump It Up, maybe a third part of the songs are made by them.

I met them in a PIU tournament in Tampico :D

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2007, 8:36 pm

I've met some musicians before.

All four members of the Swedish rock band Blindside,

All four members of P.O.D. (their lead vocalist Sonny Sandoval is one of my heroes. I wanted to tell him that personally, but I just couldn't let it out. So we just shook hands. I've come to find out he's not exactly the social type either, despite him being open about his beliefs and how he got saved.)

Toshiya and Shinya from the Japanese band Dir en grey. They're actually real nice in person, despite what they portray themselves as. If not rather quiet. Though I wouldn't blame them; Japan is so much different than the USA.

For people other than musicians, I haven't had such good luck.

I had the chance to meet race car driver Elliott Sadler yesterday, but I had kung fu class. Elliott's neice is LFA, and I appreciate what he does for her (though sadly, he links to CAN and Autism Speaks on his website :cry: )

Twitter: http://twitter.com/agenderstar

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

09 Nov 2007, 8:51 pm

i met phil anselmo, dimebag, rex, vinnie paul & rob zombie in 1996 when pantera toured with white zombie
major metal gods right there. phil & rex are doing great with down but i really dont like the new album, it might grow on me though

eScential
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Nov 2007, 9:50 pm

I have been introduced to persons that were said to be famous and did not recall because status is not important to me. Like Whitney Houston just before she got really famous, other singers Dion Dimucci?, Gordon Jenson, Carman, et al. I recall a private party with ZZ Top band in Galveston. I was with a childhood chum of theirs and had to get a stranger to take me home. Lots of drugs and got scared. I met several Portland Trailblazers when they feed street people. Was in touching distance of Ron Paul once when he was an MD in Lake Jackson but did not bother to shake hands. I think he was running for state senator but don't recall. I liked what he said, then he voted opposite so I wrote to him complaining about voting for him on misleading grounds. Got a nice long explanation of politics and how he was accomplishing what ever it was (environmental for me to have cared) behind the scenes and I believed it. (believed Clinton about not inhaling too) I gave my room to the original star of It Is Written, Vanderman for a few weeks that he stayed at our house.

Last edited by eScential on 09 Nov 2007, 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IronicChef
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Nov 2007, 10:21 pm

@liverbird:

LOL! I also "ran into" Julia Roberts walking down the street in Toronto about ten years ago (she was terribly startled, and my friend had to point out "do you know who you just walked into???" before I realized I recognized her, **AND*** I've also met Tom Hanks (I worked on one of his movies, though I'll not tell you which one).

I've actually met a lot of celebrities, and lost most of my star-struckness as a result. They're just people, and some are nice (Eva Haberman was an absolute sweetheart, though I got "friended" by her and ended up listening to all her problems with her recently acquired tennis-pro husband... subsequently divorced), while others are jerks. They have good days and bad, and I'm pretty sure at least a few of them were/are Aspies (well, I know I'm a pretty good actor --- I manage to convince a lot of NT's that I'm reasonably normal).

Nick

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2007, 11:40 pm

Kevin Bloody Wilson
Ryan O'Keefe from the Sydney Swans AFL Club