AS/Austic Members of the Furry Fandom

Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Rynessa
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Nov 2007, 10:09 pm

Every time I hear about furries I think of a certain scene in "The Shining" where the boy gets a glimpse through an open hotel room door....
(I think it's the boy, maybe it was the dad. Doesn't really matter which one anyway)

Berserker
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2007, 10:16 pm

Icarus_Falling wrote:
Berserker wrote:
Furries sicken me to the point of wanting to kill the fans of them.

Come then, little one... Kill me if you can. I'll make it easy on you (seemingly). I'll be blindfolded with both hands tied behind my back. I'll even give you a free hit. What do you say?

Good fortune,

- Icarus laughs at your "want" to kill...

I don't understand how people can like anthromorphic animals who have sex!!

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

10 Nov 2007, 10:29 pm

Berserker wrote:
Icarus_Falling wrote:
Berserker wrote:
Furries sicken me to the point of wanting to kill the fans of them.

Come then, little one... Kill me if you can. I'll make it easy on you (seemingly). I'll be blindfolded with both hands tied behind my back. I'll even give you a free hit. What do you say?

Good fortune,

- Icarus laughs at your "want" to kill...

I don't understand how people can like anthromorphic animals who have sex!!

Let's play with the psychology here, shall we? Don't understand + sex -> sicken -> want to kill. Does that basically summarize what you just said? Please, don't let me put words in your mouth.

The thought occurs to me... A of people don't understand aspies and autistics; in fact, this is something that is fundamental to the core of our condition. And, from time to time, aspies and autistics do manage to have sex.

Draw your own conclusions about any possible correlations here. A common human failing it to hate and fear what we do not understand.

Good fortune,

- Professor Icarus

Berserker
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2007, 10:42 pm

Now I'm confused.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2007, 11:59 pm

My best friend is a Black wolf. I'll direct him to this thread.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

11 Nov 2007, 1:50 pm

im sorry but furrys are teh ghey

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2007, 1:58 pm

No.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2007, 2:01 pm

Fogman wrote:
Rynessa wrote:
This is something I have heard of before and am totally baffled by.
You like to draw animals, or you want to be an animal, or what?
What does one do at a confurence?

It's actually an offshoot of Science Fiction fandom. The whole furry fandom thing diverged from SF Fandom around the mid 80's. Basically stuff like The Chronicles of Narnia and stuff like that with talking anthropomorphic animals.

Whilst there has been a lot of bad things said about furry fandom as a whole,this article which covers a confurance seems to get it right. Then again, back in the 30's there were also a lot of bad things said about science fiction as well.

Furries? In my sci-fi fandom? O_o

Berserker
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2007, 10:38 pm

richardbenson wrote:

You sir are a god!

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2007, 10:41 pm

I like anthro art (well-made art, that is), but I will NEVER call myself a furry.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/agenderstar

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

12 Nov 2007, 3:51 am

Berserker wrote:
richardbenson wrote:

You sir are a god!

:? :roll:

Oh, wow. The bottom of the intellectual barrel stands united against things they are too dim, shallow, and narrow minded to understand. Yay for dimwitted human intolerance! Since we have a dimwitted theme of "wanting to kill" plus "ghey" (which I'll assume is the oh-so-clever miss-spelling of "gay" from someone who is too cowardly to speak in plain terms), how's about let's kill all the gays? If we're going to be intolerant, why hold back? Intolerance of things humans are too stupid and fearful and hateful to comprehend is a wonderful thing. Yay for intolerance! Yay for stupidity! Yay for narrow mindedness! I LOVE humans!

Humans never cease to amaze and amuse and sicken me with their misunderstandings, misjudgments, and misinterpretations. Here’s looking forward to at least another decade or so (if we’re unlucky) of living the vermin commonly called “humans”.

This thread was a query for aspies or auties who jive with furry fandom, NOT a call for the mindless critique of such. Here's a whack from the clue stick for those of you who are to obtuse to understand simple thoughts in your native language; if you're not an aspie or an autie who's furry friendly, please take your hateful thoughts and shove them someplace more useful (I'll let you guess where). Can we keep the thread on topic, please?

I'm furry friendly. For the record, in this thread so far someone has said because of this they want to kill me (and others), and someone else has called me (and others) "ghey". I didn't get it at first, but now I see why Kenrai was so fearful of confessing to being furry.

"Why must I be surrounded by freaking idiots!" - Dr. Evil

Good fortune,

- Icarus is sickened by gheys to the point of wanting to kill the fans of them (not really, but imagine)...

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2007, 5:06 am

Icarus_Falling wrote:
Berserker wrote:
richardbenson wrote:

You sir are a god!

:? :roll:

Oh, wow. The bottom of the intellectual barrel stands united against things they are too dim, shallow, and narrow minded to understand. Yay for dimwitted human intolerance! Since we have a dimwitted theme of "wanting to kill" plus "ghey" (which I'll assume is the oh-so-clever miss-spelling of "gay" from someone who is too cowardly to speak in plain terms), how's about let's kill all the gays? If we're going to be intolerant, why hold back? Intolerance of things humans are too stupid and fearful and hateful to comprehend is a wonderful thing. Yay for intolerance! Yay for stupidity! Yay for narrow mindedness! I LOVE humans!

Humans never cease to amaze and amuse and sicken me with their misunderstandings, misjudgments, and misinterpretations. Here’s looking forward to at least another decade or so (if we’re unlucky) of living the vermin commonly called “humans”.

This thread was a query for aspies or auties who jive with furry fandom, NOT a call for the mindless critique of such. Here's a whack from the clue stick for those of you who are to obtuse to understand simple thoughts in your native language; if you're not an aspie or an autie who's furry friendly, please take your hateful thoughts and shove them someplace more useful (I'll let you guess where). Can we keep the thread on topic, please?

I'm furry friendly. For the record, in this thread so far someone has said because of this they want to kill me (and others), and someone else has called me (and others) "ghey". I didn't get it at first, but now I see why Kenrai was so fearful of confessing to being furry.

"Why must I be surrounded by freaking idiots!" - Dr. Evil

Good fortune,

- Icarus is sickened by gheys to the point of wanting to kill the fans of them (not really, but imagine)...

You sir are a god!

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2007, 8:34 am

Meh, furry fandom is okish, but not my thing. Furfetishism, on the other hand, borders on bestality, it's disgusting.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2007, 4:40 pm

Anubis wrote:
Meh, furry fandom is okish, but not my thing. Furfetishism, on the other hand, borders on bestality, it's disgusting.

No it does not.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 9:24 pm

Anubis wrote:
Furries? In my sci-fi fandom? O_o

Yup. Furries in our Science Fiction Fandom, since at least Paul Linebarger (AKA Cordwainer Smith) wrote Alfa-Ralfa Boulevard in the early 60's. Also in Fantasy fandom as well, if you've read CS Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia.

Also, if you think that's shocking, one of Larry Niven's pages was a member of a Fur WebRing! :)

PS How's that for dead thread resurrection?

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 10:14 pm

I like to act like a cat, but I've never been into furry culture -- anthropomorphic animals strike me as "Why anthropomorphic?!", and the sex thing (which I know isn't the entirety of furry culture) has never been my thing.