A Delaware university attempts to brainwash students

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2007, 7:52 pm

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=58426

An attempt to indoctrinate people into believing far-left lies.

"All whites are racist, and ethnic minorities cannot possibly be racist."

:evil: :evil:

Joybob
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Nov 2007, 8:04 pm

That can't be real. Probably a parody news story.

MadyGirl1987
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Nov 2007, 10:18 pm

I belive it is! 8O
It is on the school's website! See it here
That is just SO WRONG! I can kinda feel how those students must feel. My high school prided itself on diversity and had many multicultural groups, programs, events, etc. While a good thing, and I am strictly anti-discrimitory and VERY pro-fairness, due to issues I have like AS and knowing what it is like to be different in some, it did kinda feel at times they were kinda pushing it down your throat and that if you said anything contradictory you were a horrible, evil person who needed to be "fixed." That said, I LOVED my HS and it never got to this point where they were actually forcing you to adopt beliefs.

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2007, 11:07 pm

Yes this was actually true but the University of Delaware has discontinued this because of all the flak they were getting.

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2007, 11:18 pm

Hmm. I believe that there is some truth to the story. It actually sounds like a highly exaggerated account of some experiences I had as an undergraduate at a large private university.

However, I looked around World Net Daily's site and observed that it appears to be a conservative Christian tabloid. It seems they present exaggerated, sensationalized, one-sided accounts of real news, attempting to involve celebrities whenever possible.

I found the story entirely believable until I skimmed through some of their other stories and headlines ("Naomi Campbell Urging Terrorists On!", "Richard Gere Helped Hamas Win Power?"). I would take the story more seriously if it came from a more serious source.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2007, 1:12 am

That seriously can't be real.

Fedaykin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Nov 2007, 4:16 am

That's how it is in Sweden as a country, "hate crime" is actually defined as a majority physically or verbally attacking a minority. Sad to see that this demonic spirit is taking over American schools. A lesson could be learned from this: Mandatory freedom of speech training for anyone working in education.

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2007, 6:07 am

EvilKimEvil wrote:
Hmm. I believe that there is some truth to the story. It actually sounds like a highly exaggerated account of some experiences I had as an undergraduate at a large private university.

However, I looked around World Net Daily's site and observed that it appears to be a conservative Christian tabloid. It seems they present exaggerated, sensationalized, one-sided accounts of real news, attempting to involve celebrities whenever possible.

I found the story entirely believable until I skimmed through some of their other stories and headlines ("Naomi Campbell Urging Terrorists On!", "Richard Gere Helped Hamas Win Power?"). I would take the story more seriously if it came from a more serious source.

yes, it sounds like an exaggerated account with some truth in it. The ads on the site hardly help it's credibility - 'the secret plot for North American Union' I mean, i wouldn't place much trust in a site with cloud-cuckoo-land conspiracy theories ads and whose previous news titles make it obvious that it's a Christian propaganda outlet.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2007, 10:04 am

pbcoll wrote:
EvilKimEvil wrote:

yes, it sounds like an exaggerated account with some truth in it. The ads on the site hardly help it's credibility - 'the secret plot for North American Union' I mean, i wouldn't place much trust in a site with cloud-cuckoo-land conspiracy theories ads and whose previous news titles make it obvious that it's a Christian propaganda outlet.

I'm very familiar with WorldNetDaily.com and its founder, a former Arab Palestinian who converted to Christianity (for real). Joseph Farah is as true a Christian as there is, and his news stories present facts "in the raw", not sugar-coated the way mainstream media stories often are. Remember, truth is stranger than fiction, so don't just go by what "sounds weird" when determining something isn't true.

Having checked into hundreds of his articles myself over the years, I can tell you that they are factual -- they're just not the types of facts people are used to reading in the news. If you have doubts, research the facts of his stories a bit like I did, and you'll find they pan out. Just because a news outlet is small doesn't mean it's inaccurate. His site is very politically incorrect, and that is the main limit on its growth.

Last edited by Ragtime on 02 Nov 2007, 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2007, 11:33 am

Ragtime wrote:
pbcoll wrote:
EvilKimEvil wrote:

I'm very familiar with WorldNetDaily.com and it's founder, a former Arab Palestinian who converted to Christianity (for real). Joseph Farah is as true a Christian as there is, and his news stories present facts "in the raw", not sugar-coated the way mainstream media stories often are. Remember, truth is stranger than fiction, so don't just go by what "sounds weird" when determining something isn't true.

Having checked into hundreds of his articles myself over the years, I can tell you that they are factual -- they're just not the types of facts people are used to reading in the news. If you have doubts, research the facts of his stories a bit like I did, and you'll find they pan out. Just because a news outlet is small doesn't mean it's inaccurate. His site is very politically incorrect, and that is the main limit on its growth.

Agreed. The truth is often not what people want to believe, or what might be believable.

Yes, that site is religiously biased, but if you can see past that bias, you can see the essential facts, and things that you would otherwise not know about, such as this:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=57864

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1770

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=58475 ----- Thank goodness.

Quote:
RACIST: A racist is one who is both privileged and socialized on the basis of race by a white supremacist (racist) system. 'The term applies to all white people (i.e., people of European descent) living in the United States, regardless of class, gender, religion, culture or sexuality. By this definition, people of color cannot be racists, because as peoples within the U.S. system, they do not have the power to back up their prejudices, hostilities, or acts of discrimination

Bullcrap.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2007, 1:07 pm

They've taken the definition of 'majority race' and replaced the definition of 'racist' with it. I dislike it when peple manipulate language in order to further some political goal.

All whites have white priviledge, but not all whites are racist. All minorities suffer discrimination to some extent, but minorities can be racist in the classical sense (feeling that one race is inherently superior to other races) as well.

Joybob
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Nov 2007, 1:21 pm

In all fairness, they're right in the sense that their new definition of racism is true by their new definition.

Nice and recursive.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2007, 2:01 pm

Joybob wrote:
recursive.

Very, to a humorous extent.

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2007, 3:07 pm

Good grief it's like the abortion controversy took a surreall turn for the absurd....

At precisely which point of development does a white fetus become a racist? :twisted:

steelback
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Nov 2007, 9:11 pm

I wonder if they also subscribe to the idea that all men are rapists, and all women are victims.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2007, 9:20 pm

steelback wrote:
I wonder if they also subscribe to the idea that all men are rapists, and all women are victims.

Ah, the Feminist credo.