Feeling too intensely, the feelings of TV characters

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2007, 10:39 pm

I don't do that with TV, but I do it sometimes with books.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Unknown_Quantity
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Nov 2007, 10:51 pm

On some occassions, some switch gets flipped inside my brain. I don't know how, or why, but there's some sort of resonating frequency of emotion that hits me hard where nothing else makes a dent.

I can watch tonnes of stuff and it never effects me. Really great performances by talented actors that don't touch me at all. But then something comes along that just messes me up and it makes no sense as to why something so stupid should affect me when other things left me entertained, but completely dispassionate.

Case in point, I cried during the Pokemon movie where Ash gets turned to stone and Pikachu is crying out "PIKAAAAH! PIKAAAH!"

I mean come on! What's with that?! The freaking Pokemon movie?!

OregonBecky
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2007, 1:28 pm

When I used to watch reruns of I Love Lucy (there wasn't a lot of choices in the 60's for TV shows) I didn't thnk it was funny when Lucy kept being so clueless and screwing things up. I'd get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. To everyone else, though, it was comedy.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2007, 8:45 pm

I feel bad when an animal dies or is sick in a movie, because I remember all of my pets who passed away, especially my cat, Samantha.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2007, 9:09 pm

i'm not sure if i do the same thing but i really only feel more strongly for a fav character and i generaly want as much pain or otherwise for non favs.

example: i hate zexion and when the made him able to be fought in the remake of chain of memories i had mixed feelings, first i thought "well the wimp finally grows a backbone" but now i consider the original gba game to be ligit because him backing out gave me a reason to hate his guts. i now bash him in music videos i make and just in general thought.

example for favs: i've always thought i have a connection or something with xemnas in a way, i even randomly think about myself as him... anyway all the stuff he does in kingdom hearts 1 and 2 and prior to the games i can understand why and not just because he's a fav, it's because i'd do the same given i had the same obsessions.

like i said might not be the same but, eh.