Do you/have you had any imaginary friends?

Page 5 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2021, 4:34 pm

I can remember when I was young there was a drip of paint on the bathroom wall and I used to talk to it.

It's funny because every now and then I see a drip of paint that is exactly the same as the one from when I was a kid and I always say hello to it.

It doesn't speak back to me or anything.

Aspieangeldude
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Dec 2021, 9:26 pm

Thinking about making another one, just not let it be in public. It’s gonna be based off an imaginary angel friend I had as an adulthood teen, it would follow me around, help me with advice, go to all my classes with me and has actually predicted the future as if it were someone real. It’d tuck me in at night and be a playmate for me especially with video games. I’d also share magic and card tricks with it, it felt like a real person/angel.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2021, 10:15 pm

theprisoner wrote:
Quote:
By the time January Schofield turned four, she had so many imaginary friends that her parents couldn’t keep up. Some of these “friends” ordered January to hurt the family dog and even her baby brother. Whenever she would try to hit her newborn brother, her father would have to hold her down. January would then attack the only way she could, by biting down wherever she found a spot on her father’s body. At school, she would hurl herself at windows and doors.

These fits of rage would last seconds or minutes, and then January would be the angelic daughter her parents knew her to be. January is also an extremely smart girl; she was able to speak grammatically correct before she was two years old. At four, she had the mental age of an 11-year-old. However, she preferred the company of her imaginary friends, which included little girls and animals such as dogs and even rats. She also refused to be called by her name. At the age of six, January tried to kill herself by attempting to throw herself from her bedroom window. She also tried to choke herself with her own shirtsleeves.

After several doctor’s visits and trips to a psychologist and then a psychiatrist, a devastating diagnosis was made. January had child-onset schizophrenia. She was one of the youngest people in the US to be diagnosed with this terrible disorder. As if this wasn’t enough to deal with, her brother Bodhi was diagnosed with autism at the age of five, and there is a very real possibility that he, too, might suffer from schizophrenia.

No, I don't imagine friends.

A bit more on the Schofield case:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/2/18290 ... on-privacy

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2021, 10:00 pm

Sure.

The lifelong one I even pray towards occassionally to this day, and is secretive about her existence. Not really for socializing, but more like to contemplate with. I used to tell her a lot of my problems and hopes and dreams...
Probably the only one that sticks, with visual features are always consistent.
Oh, and I never named her. I still don't know even now. But my head simply 'labeled' her as 'dear lady in red'.

Though my first one? More of a scapegoat than a friend. I was 5.
Named it with the first 'undesirable name' I came up with after getting caught drawing on the walls.

Everything else are more like imaginary worlds and places I explore, and the characters in it are just a part of the larger background.
Less of a friend, more of a plot piece. Names are random, forgettable... Or based of what I know in real time and real life.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

DunaDuna
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jan 2022, 9:26 pm

Never had imaginary friends. But to this day I have different characters which kind of take over my situation, or go through invented situations, depending if I need to escape reality, process a situation, or are simply bored and need some stimulation. They even interact witch each other, but I myself as the individual person that I am, am never part of their stories.