Do you/have you had any imaginary friends?

Page 4 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2008, 11:48 pm

demoluca wrote:
most/all of my imaginary friends didn't know i existed.

I was like that for a long time, because I didn't feel like I was "good enough" to interact with my imaginary friends (pathetic, huh?). Eventually I convinced myself that it was okay, and I'm not lonely anymore.

princesseli
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2008, 1:35 am

Since Ive been hermiting myself since my friend had (hopefully tempoarily) excommunicated me. I do have sorta a imagenary friend. Theres not much to keep my mind moving so I constantly get envolved within my imagination. Well right now I have a crush on my friends roommate (the same 1 thats excommunicating me) so I imagine that I could have more conversations within him and some stuff beyond that. Ok maybe not quite imagenary friend but imagenary situations perhaps. I really have to find a way to get myself noticed to that guy!!

I used to have this imagenary person who was basically almost everything Im not. She was very out there and very perfect in many ways. She had still had this outrageously, unique, personality.

Yeah Ive had my string of other imaginary friends or other things.

Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Feb 2008, 12:37 pm

When I was a little child, I had many.
Fairies, wizards and androids...
But they're all gone!! :roll:

Now, I don't have any.

Riddick124
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2008, 12:51 pm

I never did, and I used to live out deep in the country, far from any kids my age. BTW, nice to see another person likes I, robot. That is my #1 favorite movie. :D

dirtyfeet
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Feb 2008, 5:20 pm

my imaginary friend has become my families imaginary kid. "airy" is his name and we all play with him at various times.

the best time to play with airy is at the park. he's GREAT at invisible frisbee and he loves to be pushed on the swings.
i think i play with airy, still, more than anyone though.

Berserker
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2008, 6:34 pm

My imaginary friend is actually my role-playing character.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2008, 11:54 pm

dirtyfeet wrote:
my imaginary friend has become my families imaginary kid. "airy" is his name and we all play with him at various times.

the best time to play with airy is at the park. he's GREAT at invisible frisbee and he loves to be pushed on the swings.
i think i play with airy, still, more than anyone though.

Aw, that's so cool! I wish my family members would interact with my imaginary friends! Maybe I can talk to them about it...

Paladin_Cecil
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2008, 9:48 pm

I have a few imaginary friends.

Liopleurodon
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Feb 2008, 10:54 am

When I was obsessed with Mozart (when I was nine or so) he was my imaginary friend. His ghost lived in my bedroom and I ran through my brain making up movies of his life. That's actually quite tame for me though: I have been known to have entire imaginary planets. This caused problems for me as a kid because I was so disconnected from the "real" world that I wasn't really sure which things only existed in my imagination.

Trugen
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2008, 4:02 pm

ive tried, but it hasnt worked, and whats werid is that was and still am very imaginative

Omni: Temp
Face of Madness: Myself :twisted:

Aspieangeldude
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Nov 2021, 1:25 am

I had an imaginary friend who was part angel who was also a cousin of mine named Joan (after Joan of Arc) then years later it was Jenny Wakeman aka XJ9 from an old cartoon, she was supposed to be my friend because she reminded me exactly of herself when she was my age. I got her from my life as a Teenage Robot. But After she supposedly “relocated to fight more crime” (or whatever my story was) just me and the real world then on out

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2021, 1:57 am

No, even my imaginary friends don't like me. :oops:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Aspieangeldude
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Nov 2021, 6:25 pm

In the end though XJ9 was just a fictional character, I feel like creating some imaginary friend from scratch because I’m lonely right now. Covid got me lock away from everyone right now. As for the past post the other day I forgot to mention everyone deserves to have a big ugly cry reguardless of age and gender but that’s beyond the point for this topic I actually brought it up became it has to do with being lonely. I miss XJ9 Jenny Wakeman so much right now though. Only childhood friend that stayed with me the longest. Got an extra antidepressant and it seems to be helping me.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 12:45 am

iceb wrote:
At school most of the time they were the only ones I had.

Ditto. I had several imaginary friends when I was little. The main ones I remember were two boys whom I envisioned as being approximately my age, maybe slightly older.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2021, 4:02 pm

I had an imaginary friend and a sort of mentor that i imagined that used to comfort me when i was anxious about school and told me what to do

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2021, 4:18 pm

Quote:
By the time January Schofield turned four, she had so many imaginary friends that her parents couldn’t keep up. Some of these “friends” ordered January to hurt the family dog and even her baby brother. Whenever she would try to hit her newborn brother, her father would have to hold her down. January would then attack the only way she could, by biting down wherever she found a spot on her father’s body. At school, she would hurl herself at windows and doors.

These fits of rage would last seconds or minutes, and then January would be the angelic daughter her parents knew her to be. January is also an extremely smart girl; she was able to speak grammatically correct before she was two years old. At four, she had the mental age of an 11-year-old. However, she preferred the company of her imaginary friends, which included little girls and animals such as dogs and even rats. She also refused to be called by her name. At the age of six, January tried to kill herself by attempting to throw herself from her bedroom window. She also tried to choke herself with her own shirtsleeves.

After several doctor’s visits and trips to a psychologist and then a psychiatrist, a devastating diagnosis was made. January had child-onset schizophrenia. She was one of the youngest people in the US to be diagnosed with this terrible disorder. As if this wasn’t enough to deal with, her brother Bodhi was diagnosed with autism at the age of five, and there is a very real possibility that he, too, might suffer from schizophrenia.

No, I don't imagine friends.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)