Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2007, 4:17 pm

I ended up going to the mall today, usually don't go to the music store all that much but I did end up getting a few more cds. Something that really surprised me though, I was going past the isle for Dance/Electronic, of course my curiousity grabbed at me although there's hardly anything there that I'd look twice at. Well, this actually jumped out at me, I don't know how many of you are familiar with this guy or what he throws down but I remember him from some of the largest music fests like WEMF that I went to back in the day and when I took a listen to it on the CYI terminals I was blown back a bit.

Hmmm.... a store bought cd....and its actually good of all things, I thought that was an oxymoron. Well, here's a link and thankfully its full of audio. Its the deeper danker side of trance though, kinda reminds me a bit of John '00' Fleming in some parts but doesn't hit in with as much of the electrically textured stuff (or at least as far as I've listened) - so if your into that more then have a gander at this. Mind you, I like progressive and epic trance too but finding it actually done right and with a good selection - too hard for me to really invest much time, this stuff delivers a bit more consistantly IMO.

http://www.amazon.com/Let-Drums-Speak-D ... 592&sr=1-4

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2007, 8:00 pm

Heh, nice. Looks like I may have pissed some people off by talking like I know this stuff. Well, I've had a chance to hear it through - its good but the second half of disc 2 I think is the best part, almost reminds me of the kind of stuff they threw down back in 1998 and 1999.