Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2007, 7:18 pm

Is he like David Icke? Fruitcakes.

nominalist
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Nov 2007, 7:35 pm

Not quite as extreme as David Icke but close.

Institute for Dialectical metaRealism: http://dmr.institute

adverb
Toucan
Toucan

28 Dec 2007, 8:32 am

i met him once; we were introduced at work. talked for a minute or two. i ran into him a few months later and he said hi and remembered my name. i was totally impressed by that.

he's kind of a crackpot, but he's exactly the right kind of crackpot. i respect the way he's taken what he believes in and put it into action, despite the detractors. livin' his dream. he can get carried away with some things, but it's kind of endearing and doesn't invalidate the excellent points he makes, or his basic message:

"You can't fight city hall. Death and taxes. Don't talk about politics or religion. This is all the equivalent of enemy propaganda rolling across the picket line. Lay down GI, lay down GI. We saw it all through the 20th century. And now in the 21st century, it's time to stand up and realize that we should not allow ourselves to be crammed into this rat maze. We should not submit to dehumanization. I don't know about you, but I'm concerned about what's happening in this world. I'm concerned with the structure. I'm concerned with the systems of control, those that control my life and those that seek to control it even more. I want freedom. That's what I want. And that's what you should want. It's up to each and every one of us to turn loose and show them the greed, the hatred, the envy, and yes, the insecurities, because that's the central mode of control. Make us feel pathetic, small, so we'll willingly give up our sovereignty, our liberty, our destiny. We have got to realize that we're being conditioned on a mass scale. Start challenging this corporate slave state. The 21st century is going to be a new century. Not the century of slavery, not the century of lies and issues of no significance, of classism, of sadism, and all the rest of the modes of control. It's going to be the age of human kind standing up for something pure and something right. What a bunch of garbage: liberal, democrats, conservative, republican, it's all there to control us, it's two sides of the same coin. Two management teams bidding for control, the CEO job of Slavery, Incorporated! The truth is out there in front of you, but they lay out this buffet of lies. I'm sick of it! And I'm not going to take a bite of it. Do you got me? Our existence is not futile. We're going to win this thing. Humankind is too good. We're not a bunch of underachievers. We're going to stand up, and we're going to be human beings. We're going to get fired up about the real things, the things that matter, creativity and the dynamic human spirit that refuses to submit. Well that's it. That's all I got to say."
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfEuSNejejY

psych
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2007, 8:57 am

plus points

- awakens people to new information.
- righteous 'ranting' style is infectious & entertaining in small doses

minus points

- some unpleasant views eg. homophobia
- ranting & screaming style gets offputting after a while
- inconsistent worldview - eg. talks about a socio-political matrix, yet totally unable to see the similar patterns reflected in organised christianity.

nominalist
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

28 Dec 2007, 10:43 am

I have nothing against him personally. I don't know him. However, I see little that I would call admirable in the man's actions or activities. He is fueling this right-wing Illuminati conspiracy stuff which has become like an epidemic on the Internet.

Institute for Dialectical metaRealism: http://dmr.institute

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2007, 1:58 pm

psych wrote:
- inconsistent worldview - eg. talks about a socio-political matrix, yet totally unable to see the similar patterns reflected in organised christianity.

From what I understand, he is non-denominational because he tends to be suspicious of the possibilities for corruption in large organizations such as major churches. Most of his facts, sad to say, really can be backed up with fairly solid evidence if you're willing to dig long enough. I just wish he would put that evidence out in the open (like on one of his five or so websites) so that people could see it for themselves and decide what they think on their own. He also tends to make some connections that are unwarranted. Not everything is part of a giant conspiracy, but that doesn't mean there aren't power-hungry elites seeking to gain more control.

ASPER
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Dec 2007, 1:45 am

alex jones has some good news, and tends to have influence on people, to the point some follow him like a leader, which is dangerous because it closes down free-thinking.

we should be seeking to be free-thinkers.
seeking for info and analyzing it without emotions getting on the way.

keep on going skafather, 911 has to be reviewed with a free mind, dont let yourself be scared by the claim that 911 is an inside job and run away from accepting the oddities of that day that were impossible to achieve without inside collaboration.
no matter how crazy something sounds, could be that something is unknown to us and we could be judging too quick.

also
keep spreading the Ron Paul message!

peace

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2007, 1:11 pm

I do like him - he has some very good (very true) information. Though he can get carried away a bit. People need to hear what he's saying and if he's prepared to stand up and try to get the word out about what's really going on, then so be it. He's doing a good job and he's pretty entertaining really.

I'm not so keen on how in your face he is though; he can get a little over-excited and his videos come off a bit amateurish for that reason at times, which to me makes what he's saying seem less credible, which is bad because most of it is pretty accurate. But maybe that's just me reservedness coming out.