Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2005, 12:59 am

It is demands of this WORLD and the market that can't or won't KEEP UP WITH IT more countries buying OIL to industralization of there COUNTRIES (CHINA AND INDIA AND BRAZIL) that is more the CAUSE OF IT.

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2005, 1:29 am

Namiko wrote:
Gas is pretty expensive here, too. About $2.60 or so last time I checked. But maybe it would all be better if people realized they don't need to drive everywhere and start taking public transportation occasionally.

If I found a place around here that sold gas for $2.60, I'd pay it! I think I payed $2.94 for unleaded last time I filled up, and that was the cheapest stuff around. :evil: (<-gas prices)

Tak
Toucan
Toucan

30 Sep 2005, 3:06 am

Sean wrote:
Namiko wrote:
Gas is pretty expensive here, too. About $2.60 or so last time I checked. But maybe it would all be better if people realized they don't need to drive everywhere and start taking public transportation occasionally.

If I found a place around here that sold gas for $2.60, I'd pay it! I think I payed $2.94 for unleaded last time I filled up, and that was the cheapest stuff around. :evil: (<-gas prices)

My beetle burns PREMIUM, tell me about it............................

Papillon
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2005, 8:28 pm

Oh, btw...

Hurricane Katrina was the cover-up to what really was happening amongst the CEO's of the oil companies. Here's what they did:

Before Katrina, they were drinking Moet et Chandon at $50 / bottle. Katrina was just the cover-up they needed to make the switch to Dom Perignon at $150 / bottle. While they did that, they used the damage from Katrina as the "justification" to spiking the gas prices :wink:

Don't ever expect gas prices to go down again to pre-Katrina levels. The oil company CEO's are not about to demote themselves to the cheaper champagne :wink:

Be yourself no matter what they say

**Sting, Englishman In New York