Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2007, 10:01 pm

My mother's side-- Lorna and Earl had her (Darlene). She was a prodigal child in school, but also did very well socially. Then Lorna married Calvin and had her siblings Douglas (rocked back and forth and looked flat-faced and dead-eyed), Dolores (probably NT-- hated school, loved her beautiful clothes and walked down the hall at school pretending to be someone else, had friends she knew how to deal with for the most part), Beverly (probably NT), Walter (probably NT, though he was an electrician and got very stressed out towards the end, and had to quit his job, then started gaining weight... all this family stuff was stressing him out), and Patricia (probably NT... laughed, joked, had no trouble finding husbands, popular with everyone because she's so fun, into social stuff and artsy stuff). Douglas had no kids, stayed at home the whole time and is now doing priest and religious stuff, and is a very good artist besides, and that is the extent of his interests, and that's it. He is very quiet and patient. A stuffer. Dolores married Moshe (probably NT, kvetches to his friends, cultivated tons of them, but has some AS in him-- can't stand negative people, gets mad and depressed himself and has outbursts when around them or as a result of them). They had Julie (probably NT, knows about every college student in Montreal, belongs to lots of clubs, amterialistic), Joey (probably AS, quit school at 16, can't stand negative people or sensitive people either, will never admit he has a weakness, but is starting to with professionals, isolated himself from friends for years, styayed in his room and talked on the internet to someone and played this game where he was learning Japanese, put up barriers in his room, ignorant and trying to learn about social stuff by going to a badass school full of kids who were in jail and lived in ghettos), and Natalie (probably NT, friends with every Tim, Dick and Harry, very into fashion, very into celebrities, goes out all the time, into bands and music, spoiled and curses at people who beg, into psychological stuff, chatty and diplomatic). Beverly and Yvan (strict and firm and sort of rigid but probably NT) had Cassy (probably NT-- had a lot of friends, got them all crazed up, pretty popular, has a girlfriend, soccer and basketball star at school, etc), and Ashley (probably NT, basketball star at school, has developed gay habits like wearing I think girly rings on his fingers, had a lot of friends). Walter and Donna had Erica (probably Nt, into Irish dancing, has friends, normal-sociable, looks nad walks and talks like a NT), Emily (probably NT though whiny and overweight and sad sometimes and would thread and unthread her shoelaces) and Kelly (probably Nt though had a speech problem she had to get therapy for). Patricia (Pati) married Craig (probably Nt, nice guy, gave me 2 golf balls, chatty, enjoyed playing golf with others, typical husband) and they had Garrett (probably NT with a dash of AS, had friends, still lives at my grandmother's place with her and Doug and works on the golf course making big money, has no girlfriend, no ambition yet, not that good in school, got druink, went to parties, usual stuff). Then she married Richard, who's probably also NT with a dash of AS-- firm, strict, maybe a bit unbending about some things but with a sense of humor like her.

My father, David, is probably AS-- the temper, the obsessions, the stress, the thinking about scientific things, the love for math and ownership of many math books, the fussiness about some things, the knowing about everything and being a know-it-all, very opinionated, unprediactable. His father, Malcolm, is also AS-- was in WWII, suffered from PTSD, beat him, liked his siblings better than him because they were less depressed or something, anger for no reason, into mechanic stuff, crap at social stuff, abused his mother emotionally for no reason. The mother (Mabel) was probably Nt, had many friends, was friends with her sisters, talked girly, dressed girly, compassionate though moody, was nice and dressed well and wore her hair in a quirky but good-original-acceptable way.

They had Beverly (died at age 2 but probably NT), Janet (probably NT with a dash of AS-- stubborn, rebellious, opinionated but compassionate and sometimes funny, got into trouble in some NT-AS ways, got into snits about stuff, argued at silly things and called her mother a b***h proudly, lied or wasn't thinking when she said some things about my father [or he was lying], persdeverated about these things from years ago, a bit rigid) and John (probably AS social anxiety, was in the military, it was the best time of his life, studied for years after to be a doctor, had some medical complaints like tonsillitis and bronchial asthma common in Aspies, was good but occasionally did some really bad things (like he and his friends dug a hole and rolled a boulder down to smash a water pump).

Janet and her husband Allen (probably NT but with some alcohol-and-trauma-induced brain damage making him sort of lack empathy, but he was cool, and he drank a lot, said some drunk-macho-man things, had these sayings, was said to be a bit perverted, had lots of tattoos of stuff that I think was normal, intimidating, hairy). Their daughter Sarah is definitely NT, though the empathy-lacking kind. She was raised too strictly in some ways but let get away with murder in some other ways. She was into girly stuff, fashion, kids at school, playing pretend, animals (in a bit of a sick way) but had some wierd rules sometimes about how you were supposed to play. Almost Aspie-like. But more like a sociopath, I can't describe it.

wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2007, 10:04 pm

Ooh, Ooh, Ooh... Mistah Kotter! I can do it! :wink:

If it's blood relatives...

Me................................ and ........................My daughter!

Whew!
That's enough work for tonight! :P

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2007, 11:10 pm

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2007, 1:43 am

Uhhh let's see here...
Czech side - Great-Grandparents birthed people (like my grandpa) and some of those people birthed people. Some of these people were crazy OCD genius engineers (I know one was a nuclear engineer who had a PhD from Berkeley), there was also an electrical engineer, and my grandpa who used to write and smoke cigars in high school.

English/??Middle Eastern?? - My grandma was created by a crazy English guy from the Royal Navy and a some kind of weird unknown middle eastern descent woman who was dumped in a Catholic orphanage by her 80-year-old Jewish or something father after her 25 year old mother died. By far the most mysterious side of the family.

Québecois - My other grandma descended from land rich Québecois fur trappers. I don't know what they really did besides own land and trap beavers. They were really short though. Oh wait, I think they owned a business or something in North Dakota where my Grandma was raised speaking French as her first language (which she's mostly forgotten).

Swedish - My other grandpa was the son of Swedish immigrant farmers. I don't know what part of Sweden they're from, or anything special any of them did. Grandpa kind of looked like James Dean at my age though.

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2007, 2:18 am

You've got to be f*****g kidding. My Grandmother wrote a book on it.

jfberge
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2007, 9:55 am

My great, great, great... great grandfather came to Canada in 1665 to fight for the French, and married a girl shipped over from France.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2007, 9:56 am

Mother's side-German

Father's side-Third generation American of Italian descent