Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

psych
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2007, 10:58 am

Not i, please tell...

E2A: actually i may be having a hazy recollection from a tv documentary - does it have something to do with nails? :?

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2007, 6:55 pm

And interesting use of woden planks. Mind that the incident I recall was about 100 years before a certain fellow in Jerusalem got the same treatment.

On sabbatical...

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2007, 7:44 pm

spdjeanne wrote:
Quatermass wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
spdjeanne wrote:
I was unaware that blatant evangelism was allowed in this forum.

Is it forbidden?

Not really.

Damn, that is too bad because I'm getting really tired of the religious tracts published on this site. ... And yes, I know I don't have to look at them. It bothers me just to know they are there. I have nothing against people talking about their faith in the context of a discussion, but this thread is not a discussion topic, it is just the republishing of well known religious tract material.

Well, as long as this sticks to the PPR forum and nowhere else, it is perfectly ok, and therefore, if this is not your thing, not reading the specific thread would be best, but I see your point, it looks like trying to force his views on others and then getting very defensive and offended when confronted.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

10 Nov 2007, 9:02 pm

Quatermass wrote:
Not really. But persistent, intrusive evangelism should be. You see, if it weren't for weapons laws in Australia, I would have set up the MAERDS years ago.

(Multiple Anti-Evangelical Religion Defence System)

Everytime a JW or Mormon comes to the door, a IR-tracking Gatling Gun, a treadmill, and a furnace activate. Any literature falls into the furnace. The Gatling Gun fires warning shots, mostly perforating any Bibles or clipboards they have, and the treadmill will......'encourage' them to choose between martyrdom (in the furnace, and they are not going to pull a Daniel) and life. Easy choice, no?
:jester: :star:

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2007, 9:04 pm

richardbenson wrote:
Quatermass wrote:
Not really. But persistent, intrusive evangelism should be. You see, if it weren't for weapons laws in Australia, I would have set up the MAERDS years ago.

(Multiple Anti-Evangelical Religion Defence System)

Everytime a JW or Mormon comes to the door, a IR-tracking Gatling Gun, a treadmill, and a furnace activate. Any literature falls into the furnace. The Gatling Gun fires warning shots, mostly perforating any Bibles or clipboards they have, and the treadmill will......'encourage' them to choose between martyrdom (in the furnace, and they are not going to pull a Daniel) and life. Easy choice, no?
:jester: :star:

Thank you. They had a similar idea for postmen in an episode of Dilbert, but I don' think it has been patented yet.

On sabbatical...