Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2007, 7:38 am

"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one..."

Romans 3:10 KJV

Righteous according to God's standards as He gave to Moses.

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God..."

Romans 3:23 KJV

Including me.

"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned..."

Romans 5:12 KJV

We have all sinned through Adam as well as individually.

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Romans 6:23 KJV

Both death physical and spiritual because of sin, but through Jesus we have eternal life with God in Heaven.

"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5:8 KJV

Praise God! although in justice we deserve death, that God sent His own Son as the substitute for us.

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

Romans 10:9-10 KJV

God's acceptable Sacrifice is ready to save you if will accept Him.

"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

Romans 10:13 KJV

spdjeanne
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Nov 2007, 12:00 pm

I was unaware that blatant evangelism was allowed in this forum.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2007, 12:03 pm

spdjeanne wrote:

Is it forbidden?

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2007, 12:22 pm

no he has freedom of speach
but so do I :)
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=RTrYE4a1BmE
you should watch that
cource I am a sinner I am a witch
ALL HAIL MIGHTY DIANA!!
:P
in my faith I am not a sinner-I am a child of nature-I will go to the glorious Summerlands when I die
there is no scripture or anything I can write-paganism has been around for as long as religion has existed
and is still around :)
HAIL THE MIGHTY PAN!!

spdjeanne
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Nov 2007, 12:30 pm

Kilroy wrote:
no he has freedom of speach
but so do I :)
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=RTrYE4a1BmE
you should watch that
cource I am a sinner I am a witch
ALL HAIL MIGHTY DIANA!!
:P
in my faith I am not a sinner-I am a child of nature-I will go to the glorious Summerlands when I die
there is no scripture or anything I can write-paganism has been around for as long as religion has existed
and is still around :)
HAIL THE MIGHTY PAN!!

This is not a public place but a private forum with moderators who do and are allowed to censor and/or ban members for what they say if they break certain rules. I was under the impression that blatant evangelism was not allowed in this forum.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2007, 12:57 pm

who knows if you don't like it then dont look is the real thing
I put some withc stuff and a video making fun of the evengellical healers 8)
cause I am crafty :)

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2007, 2:58 pm

It is probably okay here: this is a section on politics, philosophy and religion.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2007, 3:31 pm

Thank you Kilroy and Panda!

Also here are some key verses from my textbook, Systematic Theology by Wayne Grudem:

Memory verse/key passages from Systematic Theology by Wanye Grudem, a course I'm taking:

Matthew 28:18-20 KJV
(18) And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
(19) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
(20) Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Psalms 1:1-2 KJV
(1) Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
(2) But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

Hebrews 1:1-2 KJV
(1) God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
(2) Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV
(16) All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
(17) That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Psalms 12:6 KJV
(6) The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

Deuteronomy 6:6-7 KJV
(6) And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
(7) And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

Matthew 4:4 KJV
(4) But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Psalms 119:1 KJV
(1) ALEPH. Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.

Romans 1:18-20 KJV
(18) For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
(19) Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
(20) For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Psalms 145:1-3 KJV
(1) <David's Psalm of praise.> I will extol thee, my God, O king; and I will bless thy name for ever and ever.
(2) Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever.
(3) Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable.

Psalms 102:25-27 KJV
(25) Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands.
(26) They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed:
(27) But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end.

Exodus 34:6-7 KJV
(6) And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,
(7) Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.

Psalms 73:25-26 KJV
(25) Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee.
(26) My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.

Matthew 3:16-17 KJV
(16) And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
(17) And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Nehemiah 9:6 KJV
(6) Thou, even thou, art LORD alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.

Romans 8:28 KJV
(28) And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Hebrews 2:3-4 KJV
(3) How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;
(4) God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

Hebrews 4:14-16 KJV
(14) Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
(15) For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
(16) Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Revelation 5:11-12 KJV
(11) And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
(12) Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

James 4:7-8 KJV
(7) Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
(8) Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

Genesis 1:26-27 KJV
(26) And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
(27) So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Colossians 3:18-19 KJV
(18) Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.
(19) Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.

2 Corinthians 7:1 KJV
(1) Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Psalms 51:1-4 KJV
(1) <To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came unto him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba.>

Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
(2) Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
(3) For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
(4) Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.

Hebrews 8:10 KJV
(10) For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

John 1:14 KJV
(14) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Romans 3:23-26 KJV
(23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
(24) Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
(25) Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
(26) To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

1 Corinthians 15:20-23 KJV
(20) But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
(21) For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
(22) For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
(23) But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

1 Peter 2:9-10 KJV
(9) But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
(10) Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Romans 8:12-14 KJV
(12) Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
(13) For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
(14) For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Luke 6:35-36 KJV
(35) But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.
(36) Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

Ephesians 1:3-6 KJV
(3) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
(4) According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
(5) Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
(6) To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Matthew 11:28-30 KJV
(28) Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
(29) Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
(30) For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

John 3:5-8 KJV
(5) Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
(6) That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
(7) Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
(8) The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

John 3:16 KJV
(16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Romans 3:27-28 KJV
(27) Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
(28) Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Romans 8:14-17 KJV
(14) For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
(15) For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
(16) The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
(17) And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Romans 6:11-14 KJV
(11) Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
(12) Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
(13) Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
(14) For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

1 Corinthians 12:12-13 KJV
(12) For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
(13) For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

John 10:27-28 KJV
(27) My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
(28) And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Philippians 1:20-24 KJV
(20) According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.
(21) For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
(22) But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.
(23) For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:
(24) Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.

1 Corinthians 15:42-44 KJV
(42) So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
(43) It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
(44) It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Galatians 2:20 KJV
(20) I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Ephesians 4:11-13 KJV
(11) And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
(12) For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
(13) Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Ephesians 4:14-16 KJV
(14) That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
(15) But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
(16) From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

2 Corinthians 10:3-4 KJV
(3) For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
(4) (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

1 Peter 5:1-4 KJV
(1) The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:
(2) Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;
(3) Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.
(4) And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

Acts 2:41-42 KJV
(41) Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
(42) And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

Romans 6:3-4 KJV
(3) Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
(4) Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

1 Corinthians 11:23-26 KJV
(23) For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:
(24) And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
(25) After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
(26) For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

Revelation 4:11 KJV
(11) Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

1 Peter 4:10-11 KJV
(10) As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.
(11) If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

1 Corinthians 12:7-11 KJV
(7) But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
(8) For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
(9) To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
(10) To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
(11) But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

1 Thessalonians 4:15-18 KJV
(15) For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
(16) For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
(17) Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
(18) Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Revelation 20:4-6 KJV
(4) And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
(5) But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
(6) Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Revelation 20:11-13 KJV
(11) And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
(12) And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
(13) And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Revelation 21:3-4 KJV
(3) And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
(4) And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2007, 9:50 pm

well I may not like what your saying (as christians burned my kind for hundreds of years!) :evil:
but your not trying to convert me (at least I hope not)
and this is the right place

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2007, 9:30 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
spdjeanne wrote:

Is it forbidden?

Not really. But persistent, intrusive evangelism should be. You see, if it weren't for weapons laws in Australia, I would have set up the MAERDS years ago.

(Multiple Anti-Evangelical Religion Defence System)

Everytime a JW or Mormon comes to the door, a IR-tracking Gatling Gun, a treadmill, and a furnace activate. Any literature falls into the furnace. The Gatling Gun fires warning shots, mostly perforating any Bibles or clipboards they have, and the treadmill will......'encourage' them to choose between martyrdom (in the furnace, and they are not going to pull a Daniel) and life. Easy choice, no?

On sabbatical...

spdjeanne
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Nov 2007, 9:51 pm

Quatermass wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
spdjeanne wrote:

Is it forbidden?

Not really.

Damn, that is too bad because I'm getting really tired of the religious tracts published on this site. ... And yes, I know I don't have to look at them. It bothers me just to know they are there. I have nothing against people talking about their faith in the context of a discussion, but this thread is not a discussion topic, it is just the republishing of well known religious tract material.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2007, 10:15 pm

spdjeanne wrote:
Quatermass wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
spdjeanne wrote:

Is it forbidden?

Not really.

Damn, that is too bad because I'm getting really tired of the religious tracts published on this site. ... And yes, I know I don't have to look at them. It bothers me just to know they are there. I have nothing against people talking about their faith in the context of a discussion, but this thread is not a discussion topic, it is just the republishing of well known religious tract material.

Would you like a MAERDS?

On sabbatical...

psych
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2007, 6:21 am

I was expecting topography.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2007, 6:44 am

psych wrote:
I was expecting topography.

Don't you mean geography? Or p'raps history?

On sabbatical...

psych
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2007, 7:13 am

i was using this definition, for want of a better word;

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/topography

on reflection historical geography or geographical history would be closer?

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2007, 7:22 am

psych wrote:
i was using this definition, for want of a better word;

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/topography

on reflection historical geography or geographical history would be closer?

Probably. Talking of Roman Roads, people do know what they sometimes did to.....decorate the Appian Road.

On sabbatical...