Page 1 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2007, 1:50 pm

After I saw Redemption, the movie about Tookie Williams, in gade 12 world issues class, I was really affected. I went online and researched death row inmates, and learned about the Canadian Coalition Against the Death Penalty, and joined their board, and read about individual inmates on death row. One that really stayed with me was Richard Cartwright. He and his little daughter reminded me so much of me and my dad. We even looked similar, he had the same similar attitude and way of being, everyting. His daughter was everything to him like I was to my dad, and little Ricki loved her dad the same way I loved mine. I read further, realized that he was probably innocent, after his death there was evidence unearthed that he didn't do it. Richard Cartwright was the one death row inmate I never forgot. I read his story from death watch about his last few days, and two other people's desription of his last few days in brief, but with no detail. Thre was even a Wikipedia article on him.

Several months later, I was bored with nothing to do, so I went online at th Y and found his mother's highly-detailed, all-inclusive, highly personal and emotional descripotion of Richard's last five days. I read it and it was the creepiest, most angering thing I ever read. She said that when she saw protestors outside the death house, she thanked them for being thee, and one of them said that was the first time someone talked to them like that. A month or so later, I came back to WP, and saw MADDuck's thread "Yay! I'm depressed!" I HAD to check that out. That sounded so much like me! We started talking in the thread, then PMing. He said he lived in Texas and went to protests, and I asked if he'd been at the execution protest for Richard Cartwright. He said he had, that it was really sad. He was at every single execution protest at the death house, and yes, Richard Cartwright's mother had been there and had said that to them! I couldn't believe it! He was one of the people I'd read about! And now we're best friends!

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2019, 11:32 am

There are 24 hours in a day.
There are 24 bottles of beer in a crate Heineken.

Is that coincidence :?: 8)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2019, 11:29 am

^ You do realize, of course, that you’ve replied to an 11 year old post, don’t you?

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 1:33 pm

When i look with the nature-laws in my mind, than coincidence dont exist. When X & Y meet each other without the goal to do than i say its a coincedence. Everything that excist have a reason from the past, not the future.
Evolution is blind in my point of view (see YouTube-film)

Coincidence? Yes and no

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2019, 3:37 pm

Fnord wrote:
^ You do realize, of course, that you’ve replied to an 11 year old post, don’t you?

And the OP was banned a long time ago.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2019, 11:38 am

Somewhere in Russia, Nikita Chroesjtsjov who is angry :-)

Rustifer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jan 2019, 9:06 pm

The universe doesn't care about your coincidences.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 4:42 am

Coincidences/Zufall exist, Lady Coincidence is living in the Gablenzgasse 31 1150 Vienna, Austria.
The neighbour of this lady is the family Pure/Reiner and is living in the Gablenzgasse number 30 in Vienna, Austria.

Reiner-Zufall, translated to englisch its Pure-Coincidence :)

And there is a possibility that at number 32 on the Gablenzgasse sombody lives with the name Asperger 8)

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2019, 5:13 am

Coincidence :?:

Trucage :?:

Piri Alchami
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Feb 2019, 10:51 am

I'm not an expert, but look at the shadow of the irregular iceberg. Shouldn't the left face wall of the rectangular iceberg be lighted a shade brighter than the other?

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 3:11 am

I am not a expert either Piri Alchami, but i am curious about a lot of thing. I am certain not an expert about female. And this post goes for 50% about female.

The moon have a cyclus from 28 days.
A female have mostly a cyclus from 28 days.

Is this coincidence, or is there causality that both have a cyclus from 28 days :?:

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2019, 4:05 pm

The beautifull openings scene from the movie "Forrest Gump" have a fantastic form of Coincidence.

Piri Alchami
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Feb 2019, 10:46 pm

Erewhon wrote:
I am not a expert either Piri Alchami, but i am curious about a lot of thing. I am certain not an expert about female. And this post goes for 50% about female.

The moon have a cyclus from 28 days.
A female have mostly a cyclus from 28 days.

Is this coincidence, or is there causality that both have a cyclus from 28 days :?:

I don't know. But it definitely is a curiosity.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2019, 9:03 am

Today i did baking 3 eggs. 2 eggs did not break, and 1 egg did break. I didnt ment to do it the way it happend.
When i saw the smile i did took my smartphone to make a little video.

:)

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2019, 9:27 am

I don't know about coincidence, but those kitties have adorable coat patterns!

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2019, 4:44 pm

Coincidence, correlation, or causation :?: