Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2021, 5:57 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Oh...its by month. Makes sense.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On the other hand....

What were the two biggest events in the United States in the summer of 1947?

They were, of course…

1)Jackie Robinson joining the Brooklyn Dodgers, and breaking the color barrier in pro baseball.

2)The first flying saucers sightings, including a saucer crash in Rosewell New Mexico.

Question: what colored league team did Robinson play on prior to being accepted in the National League?

Answer "The Hampstead Grays" of Washington DC, and Philadelphia. Nicknamed "The Yankees of the Negro League" because they were so good.

Question: what type of space alien has been most frequently reported as being the species that Americans get abducted by during the intervening seven decades plus of UFO encounters ?

Answer: "the Greys".

The Greys, and... the Hampstead Greys...coincidence????

Clearly there is some kind of cosmic conspiracy going on that involves both aliens and professional baseball!

You are missing a point. Operation paperclip.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2021, 7:50 pm

So you're saying that ...both pro baseball, and space aliens, were somehow connected with the US government's move to seize Nazi's Germany's rocket scientists at the end of world war two (Operation Paperclip)?

You will have to elaborate upon this.

All three events (Jackie Robinson, Rosewell, and Paperclip) occurred in the mid Forties. And there is an outer space connection (operation paperclip led to the US space program of the Sixties). But besides that the connections are not obvious.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2021, 1:42 pm

:D

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2021, 3:06 pm

having intuitive abilities with another human being , to the point where one or two words represented entire ideas and specific concepts . Including replies to unspoken questions.
While a third person watched with no understanding inspite of having a close repoire with them .

where ever you go ,there you are

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2021, 8:57 am

Erewhon wrote:
:D

What a cute little...cute little....ummm...cute little...piece of excrement! :D

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2022, 3:19 am

Paranormal

What does paranormal have to do with coincidence some may think. In my opinion very much, I see the concept of paranormal as a nice synonym of the concept of coincidence. If I think a little further, the term atheist is also a striking synonym of paranormal and coincidence.
In all three cases, in my opinion, it are 'non-identities'
We can't explain something, then the easiest way is to quickly call it coincidence.
We can't explain something, then the easiest way is to quickly call it paranormal.

Using terms like coincidence and paranormal, it seems to the mind that you have something to hold on to, but the opposite is true. It is precisely because of those concepts that thinking stops in my thinking/searching. I don't think there's anything paranormal at all, just because I can't explain things doesn't make it abnormal for me. The term The Twilight Zone also has some connection with the term paranormal. At least with The Twilight Zone there is something like an open-ending, it doesn't barricade access like I experience by the word coincidence.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2022, 5:56 am

^ Agreed.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2022, 10:11 am

Still either way coincidence and paranormal just seem weird .

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2022, 7:09 pm

LINK on 'Synchronicity' discusses theories relating to coincidences.
LINK: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronicity

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2022, 3:42 am

"Coincidence exists for the person who thinks he is omniscient"

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2022, 4:19 am

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2022, 9:41 am

No more CoCo puffs for me . :x

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2022, 11:07 am

Here's a couple of coincidences.
My father's middle name is my mother's middle name backwards.

When my mother was in the hospital pregnant with me and my younger brothers in '91, '95, & '99, the television in her hospital room was showing marathon of the entire Porky's trilogy.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2022, 1:44 pm

Never been very sure about coincidences ,, they always cause to wonder and want more info . :nerdy:

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2022, 3:35 am

Jakki wrote:
Never been very sure about coincidences ,, they always cause to wonder and want more info . :nerdy:

That's how i see it too Jakki. A lot of things that i feel are coincidental, with a little bit of rational thinking, are no coincidence at all. Even when things come about without an intention behind it, it is still no coincidence for me. The confluence of the laws of nature has no purpose, is not planned, but it is also no coincidence.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2022, 5:51 am

Erewhon wrote:
Jakki wrote:

That's how i see it too Jakki. A lot of things that i feel are coincidental, with a little bit of rational thinking, are no coincidence at all. Even when things come about without an intention behind it, it is still no coincidence for me. The confluence of the laws of nature has no purpose, is not planned, but it is also no coincidence.

Good insight here ^^^^… then if the coincidences start to add up …to form something, that starts to have a more obvious cause and effect . And start to see this repeat , does it move to Conspirascy level or does it move to fact level .
Have seen prosecutors and police do things often enough to see that , their coincidences seem very much beyond coincidence . But yet it is what they wish you to believe. Same with city council here. 8O.

Often I think watching out for coincidences /synchronicity . Can sometimes save your life, if just not keep you out of trouble . :ninja: