Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

13 Nov 2007, 7:07 pm

I'm horrible at remembering verbal instructions. Sometimes I have troubles with them too because I can't make a picture in my head. Sometimes I tell my office clerk I need to be shown because I still don't understand.

nicky
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Nov 2007, 9:36 pm

i can't remember verbal stuff unless i have a visual to associate it with. that's why i doodle in class... when i look at my doodle later, i'll remember what was being said at the time... weird, huh??

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

13 Nov 2007, 10:01 pm

I am ok with verbal instructions as long as they are explained properly and clear and must not be long.
I prefer written instructions in combination with diagrams. I find that I can follow instructions better this way and get things done a lot faster.

fivecents
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Nov 2007, 10:05 pm

nicky wrote:
i can't remember verbal stuff unless i have a visual to associate it with. that's why i doodle in class... when i look at my doodle later, i'll remember what was being said at the time... weird, huh??

OMG visual all the way, unless I “multitask” and doodle or play cel phone games. I need a tie in to listening…

Thanks for the tip, I thought I was weird. I have 2 upcoming days of training and will doodle to retain info. F**K what everyone else thinks that I am not paying attention…

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2007, 9:51 am

I prefer to have things written down. I have a good memory for things I see in writing.

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2007, 10:14 am

I do okay if things are written down, but I'm much better with understanding by means of hands on rather than verbal or visual, lol. I can be shown how to do something, or what to do, but I still don't retain it usually. I do best being the one doing while someone tells me exactly what must be done and how... that's when it really "clicks". Between verbal and visual though, I'd say visual sticks a little better than verbal, although I don't do well with either-I have a million questions about the visual instructions before I get it, and I can't remember what I was told for longer than 2 seconds before I forget usually, lol.

I'm my own guinea pig.