Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2007, 11:16 pm

just a thought; I'm sure you're probably not, but don't base too much of the potential relationship on your similar condition. It's a plus, but look for other similar interests as well. Constantly talking about a single subject can, for some women, be a turnoff.

hang in there. I dated a woman 10 years older than me for awhile...that was ....interesting...;)

NightsideEclipse
Raven
Raven

22 Dec 2007, 12:20 am

pakled wrote:
just a thought; I'm sure you're probably not, but don't base too much of the potential relationship on your similar condition. It's a plus, but look for other similar interests as well. Constantly talking about a single subject can, for some women, be a turnoff.

hang in there. I dated a woman 10 years older than me for awhile...that was ....interesting...;)

Definitely not a problem. She brings up AS stuff more than I do. I make a note to bring it up less rather than more in order to create a greater base. We have more than enough common interests to go around. Everytime I bring something up, she seems to know about it and take interest in it.

Darling
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Dec 2007, 12:58 pm

NightsideEclipse wrote:
Darling wrote:
NightsideEclipse wrote:
Darling wrote:
Quote:
However, the biggest issue is what she has told me about relationships. She has not dated since high school and she said once in a conversation around the end of August that she was not really looking because she wanted to focus on her academic success. It didn't sound like she was outright rejecting the idea of having a relationship with someone, but she seemed a bit disinterested.

haha.

hasn't that occurred to you that that could be a hint?

A hint for what? Help me to understand your thinking.

*digs up files* 8)

well the things that the author (wait, are you the author?) have said before sounds as if the girl does like him. and then suddenly she goes 'oh i've never dated anyone since high school'. now why mention this suddenly? unless you were talking about the subject of course. i dunno, i've seen some of my friends using that tactic before.

It wasn't just out of the blue, it was within the context of a larger conversation. It was also when we first started talking; she seemed to warm up to me more later. Just two days ago, she was very excited about seeing me today (I must get ready now :) ).

from what you've written, i think all this sounds really positive. go for her :D