Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Forestknight25N
Butterfly
Butterfly

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 17

13 Nov 2007, 2:49 pm

:( :x :( :x :(

Help! I'm sick of my life. I'm sick of the way I've been living. Nothing's been wrong with it, technically, but I'm always tired it seems.

I'm 19 years old, but I still have no car, and I'm forced to ride my bike, take the bus and walk to get to class or other places. That's good for the environment, I do appreciate that, but it makes me feel like a penniless loser! I see so much poverty where I live, it's really really depressing, and I do NOT want myself to be lumped in with the bums, crazies and drug addicts who take the bus.

I come from the Bay Area, and now I live in a crappy little town full of meth users, born-again Christians and other idiots. Back in the Bay Area I saw people with lives, teenagers like myself with cars, laptops, iPods (well I have an iPod) and other cool stuff, and I feel I must have all that to prove my superiority to the idiots that live here! Screw them!

And FYI, I do it to please myself and my own harsh image of how I should be, not as much to please others.


EDIT: Sorry, I think the belongs in "The Haven" actually. Stupid me.



Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Aug 2006
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,985
Location: Hiding in the attic of the Arkham Library

13 Nov 2007, 3:15 pm

You don't say what you're doing to change ! !

Do you have a job? If so, are you trying to move up in the company??

Possessions don't make you happy. Just read the newspaper and look at the lives of people who have lots of money, but are still miserable.


_________________
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow. I feel my fate in what I cannot fear. I learn by going where I have to go. ~Theodore Roethke


Forestknight25N
Butterfly
Butterfly

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 17

13 Nov 2007, 3:23 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
You don't say what you're doing to change ! !

Do you have a job? If so, are you trying to move up in the company??

Possessions don't make you happy. Just read the newspaper and look at the lives of people who have lots of money, but are still miserable.


Hello and thanks for the reply.

I agree that possessions to not make one happy. Finding one's inner meaning is what makes one happy, at least me. I value simple living, but I value elegantly simple living, NOT living in squalor and poverty like most people who live around me.

Anyway, the steps I'm taking to change are as follows. I will probably get a laptop for Christmas, since typing and writing, especially away from home, is one thing that makes me truly happy, and I am looking for jobs around me. Hope that makes you feel better about me.



Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Sep 2007
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,882

13 Nov 2007, 3:24 pm

Your a student, your going to be poor. But, just wait until your out of college!



Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Aug 2006
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,985
Location: Hiding in the attic of the Arkham Library

13 Nov 2007, 3:33 pm

Forestknight25N wrote:

Anyway, the steps I'm taking to change are as follows. I will probably get a laptop for Christmas, since typing and writing, especially away from home, is one thing that makes me truly happy, and I am looking for jobs around me. Hope that makes you feel better about me.


Ahhh, yes I feel sooo much better about you now ...
The point is how you feel about yerself ! ! Not how I feel about you ! !!
Living in a high crime area is dangerous, but to hate the area you live in because the people are poor is pure materialism.
Believe me, my ex-boss was quite well to do, but he was scheming, angry, materialistic, and generally a creep.


_________________
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow. I feel my fate in what I cannot fear. I learn by going where I have to go. ~Theodore Roethke


KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Oct 2005
Age: 35
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,313
Location: f'ton,manchester UK

13 Nov 2007, 3:54 pm

Forestknight25N wrote:
:( :x :( :x :(

Help! I'm sick of my life. I'm sick of the way I've been living. Nothing's been wrong with it, technically, but I'm always tired it seems.

I'm 19 years old, but I still have no car, and I'm forced to ride my bike, take the bus and walk to get to class or other places. That's good for the environment, I do appreciate that, but it makes me feel like a penniless loser! I see so much poverty where I live, it's really really depressing, and I do NOT want myself to be lumped in with the bums, crazies and drug addicts who take the bus.

I come from the Bay Area, and now I live in a crappy little town full of meth users, born-again Christians and other idiots. Back in the Bay Area I saw people with lives, teenagers like myself with cars, laptops, iPods (well I have an iPod) and other cool stuff, and I feel I must have all that to prove my superiority to the idiots that live here! Screw them!

And FYI, I do it to please myself and my own harsh image of how I should be, not as much to please others.


EDIT: Sorry, I think the belongs in "The Haven" actually. Stupid me.

as are able to ride a bike [as in the peddle kind?] and want something better but can't get a car yet,what about a motorbike? it's a comprimise between peddle bike and car at least and would afford one quicker than a car,but they might or might not be a sensory issue.


_________________
>severely autistic.
>>the residential autist; http://theresidentialautist.blogspot.co.uk
blogging from the view of an ex institutionalised autism/ID activist now in community care.
>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!


sleepless168
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 76

13 Nov 2007, 4:16 pm

Omg, my life is soooo misserable, i dont have a car!! can you imagine that?? I DONT have a car!! i have to actually use my legs and walk. Wow well you do have a big problem there.



Zsazsa
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2007
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,141
Location: Upstate New York, USA

13 Nov 2007, 4:28 pm

I am older than you and I know exactly how you feel!

I couldn't attend college after high school and I was stuck in low paying jobs, riding my bike or walking everywhere I had to go.
Even when I tried to save enough money to purchase a car, I ended up needing cardiac surgery to repair an aneurysm above my heart (the medical problem that caused the death of the actor, John Ritter of "Three's Company) and my employer (the hospital that did my cardiac surgery) terminated me after many years of outstanding employment.

Life is like putting together the pieces of a puzzle...and many of us are missing too many pieces. Yet, somehow we have to find the strength to go on and persevere...and look for those pieces of our puzzle in unusual places instead.

When something upsets me, I try to look at it from another perspective and ask myself, "what good can come out of this?" It isn't
easy...but, it is better than falling into depression and the "why me?" attitude. I have never found any real help from psychiatrists, psychologists or social workers...mental health professionals seem to only "profit" from other people's miseries

You are only 19...things always have a way of getting better in spite of the challenges you are facing now. After all, you are in school and working toward an educational goal...so hang in there!



amhealy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: 24 Jun 2006
Gender: Female
Posts: 98
Location: Orange County, CA

13 Nov 2007, 4:47 pm

When I was 26, I finally started college. I had 2 kids and no car. I was on welfare for a while, and then I started cleaning house. I had to ride my bike every where I went. I felt like I looked like a loser, except that I knew where I was going to end up, and so I just kept heading in that direction.

It took 13 years for me to get to the end of that period of struggle. But it was really worth it.

Be patient and keep going in the direction that you believe will take you where you want to end up. All the struggles will have been worth it.


_________________
There they go, and I must hasten after them, for I am their leader.


nicky
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 6 Nov 2007
Age: 33
Gender: Female
Posts: 333
Location: Nevada

13 Nov 2007, 5:50 pm

Forestknight25N wrote:
:( :x :( :x :(

Help! I'm sick of my life. I'm sick of the way I've been living. Nothing's been wrong with it, technically, but I'm always tired it seems.

I'm 19 years old, but I still have no car, and I'm forced to ride my bike, take the bus and walk to get to class or other places. That's good for the environment, I do appreciate that, but it makes me feel like a penniless loser! I see so much poverty where I live, it's really really depressing, and I do NOT want myself to be lumped in with the bums, crazies and drug addicts who take the bus.

I come from the Bay Area, and now I live in a crappy little town full of meth users, born-again Christians and other idiots. Back in the Bay Area I saw people with lives, teenagers like myself with cars, laptops, iPods (well I have an iPod) and other cool stuff, and I feel I must have all that to prove my superiority to the idiots that live here! Screw them!

And FYI, I do it to please myself and my own harsh image of how I should be, not as much to please others.


EDIT: Sorry, I think the belongs in "The Haven" actually. Stupid me.


don't feel bad... i'm 21 and i don't have a car, laptop, or ipod.... or cell phone... or... anything... well, i have a cd player... lol. a lot of teens that have those things have rich parents who bought them for them... so... wouldn't that make them the lazy bums?? :lol: of coarse, not to stereotype, some of them actually have jobs and bought them for themselves.. but that doesn't mean everyone who has a job can afford those things... many don't have other expenses to worry about, so their entire pay check is spending money...


_________________
-nicky