Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

SKOREAPV83
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jun 2011, 9:31 pm

I've been rereading several of my posts on WP over the years. Turns out, of all my unwanted web presence that I wish could be deleted in a single click, I am LEAST embarrassed at my posts on WP :). But look...when I'm upset, I really don't want nobody in my way. Earlier this year, the mods of this forum got in my way by deleting a post I made that included the names, cities and U.S. states of all my enemies in the DeafBlind community. That really made me mad :evil:! So, due to the fact that so many things I say "offend people", I've been avoiding WP and other moderated forums cuz I'm tired of getting reprimanded and desired posts being deleted.

Seph
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Jun 2011, 10:12 pm

One of these days I'm going to want to delete all of my posts. I sometimes say things that I... regret. I was visiting over at psychforums the other day and they had resurrected an old thread that was... embarrassing. The way I react to people sometimes... I've never been "reprimanded" before but I obssess over my ethics. There's an episode on House that House makes the comment that if you do the right thing nobody will stop you. It's what I strive to do, the right thing. But I tend to offend in the process... I don't mean to. And the way I react... If it wasn't me it would be funny.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

20 Jun 2011, 1:56 am

Shadowbound wrote:
I'll often read facts and I'll may discuss things about it if a subject on it comes up and so on but today I offend some one again. This thread on a gaming forum we were talking how the religions in one of my fav RPGs are similarto actual religions. There's a some people in this game know has hashishian they live in hot dersert type land scape and I said they're like Muslims and the hashishian were holy warriors of Islam in the real world.

Thing is... like normal I didn't look at the full picture. In this game these people also sell people into slavery and follow an Evil being like Satan and can summon demons and so on oops.

Bah you can imagine how well that went down. 8O

:lol:

The best thing to do is to clarify, and those who choose to continue being offended just aren't understanding. Personally, I find it best for my well-being to simply not care when I offend people because I do it unintentionally all the time. Of course, I don't have friends this way (Not that I did ANYWAYS), but at least I feel better about myself. :lol: And if it pisses people off that I don't care, well, so much for the better.

Icyclan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jun 2011, 7:48 pm

I'm in the fortunate position where, unlike many other aspies apparently, I don't really care about offending people. Misanthropy stacks really well with Asperger.

gloriamom
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Jun 2011, 12:02 am

I understand...