Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Apollyon
Toucan
Toucan

14 Nov 2007, 7:09 pm

For example, every morning I absolutely must have my cup of tea (and I can't drink it in a coffee mug- I get so irritated when people do this, it HAS to be a tea cup with the edges curving outward) and it has to be orange spice, and it must have exactly three packets of Splenda. If I don't get my tea, it discombobulates my entire day.

What about you? It doesn't even have to be something you absolutely cannot live without, it could just be something very important to you that other people find petty.

BrutalRhubarb
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Nov 2007, 7:31 pm

When I get up in the morning, I have to roll two cigarettes and grab the local paper. One cigarette is based around golden shag and the other is a mix of halfzware and golden cavendish. First I dispute what I read in the political section (esp on Sat and Wed) and then I read about events in the Nation/World, which is esp frustrating on Mon and Fri. I keep a vague tally of spelling and grammatical errors, and what can only be described as "column failure," and that happens more than monthly. I'm not sure why I do this. One day I'm going to send a letter to the editor and ask him why they made the sudoku easier, why B.O'R gets Saturdays in a blue town, why Pat Robertson is their best representation of liberal thought, how their sales are doing, and why couldn't they simply finish the FDR piece? GAAA. I need a happier ritual.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2007, 7:34 pm

I'll post more later, but one from this morning: when I have my breakfast, I must cut each piece of toast into 4 triangles, and after I eat each triangle, I must drink 2 teaspoonfuls of tea.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Apollyon
Toucan
Toucan

14 Nov 2007, 8:04 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
I'll post more later, but one from this morning: when I have my breakfast, I must cut each piece of toast into 4 triangles, and after I eat each triangle, I must drink 2 teaspoonfuls of tea.

I need to have my toast and sandwiches cut into triangles as well. Mostly It's because otherwise I find them too messy and cumbersome. I'm sure I've irritated plenty of waitresses when I sat there and sighed morosely because either my sandwich was sliced down the middle or diagonally, after I had asked if I could have it sliced in four pieces.

Therese
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Nov 2007, 9:05 pm

I do triangles too -- particularly with apples. I would have one every morning and it MUST be prepared, sliced and arranged in a certain manner.
Whipped cream in the middle (three tablespoons, more or less), topped with some ground cinnamon.

Why, yes, I have no life and I love my apples far too much, probably. :P It tastes amazing though!

OddballBen
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Nov 2007, 10:23 pm

Apollyon wrote:
...discombobulates...
discombobulates :D

My morning ritual is to be jolted awake by a 10x-louder-than-necessary buzzing alarm, throw the alarm clock across the room to stop the noise, and then go back to sleep for another half hour or so. :D

tmad40blue
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Nov 2007, 10:27 pm

Therese, that is a cool picture. I wish I had the time to prepare something like that every morning, but sadly I'm in high school and already getting up at 6 AM. >.<

Lesse... Ooh, this is a weird one. Whenever I'm finished with a calculation on my graph calc, I have to do the following string of button pushes: 2nd + down down Clear Entries 2nd + down down Clear Entries 2nd + down down down ClrAllLists 2nd + down down Clear Entries Clear

Also, I always have to sit on the right side of things. This really annoys me when it's taken or when I'm driving. >.<

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2007, 10:53 pm

I have to go on WP. :D

And take my antidepressants.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Nov 2007, 11:12 pm

I only notice if I have to spend the night somewhere other than home. I have a whole list of things I must do before retiring, and then again upon arising. I'm sure it would puzzle and/or downright annoy others, if they had to put up with it! :wink:

OddballBen
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Nov 2007, 11:46 pm

tmad40blue wrote:
Therese, that is a cool picture. I wish I had the time to prepare something like that every morning, but sadly I'm in high school and already getting up at 6 AM. >.<

Lesse... Ooh, this is a weird one. Whenever I'm finished with a calculation on my graph calc, I have to do the following string of button pushes: 2nd + down down Clear Entries 2nd + down down Clear Entries 2nd + down down down ClrAllLists 2nd + down down Clear Entries Clear

Also, I always have to sit on the right side of things. This really annoys me when it's taken or when I'm driving. >.<

I don't know much about claculators but on mine if you click the 'on' button it clears everything. That might be a bit faster :wink:

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2007, 11:55 pm

Drink Pepsi One.

Apollyon
Toucan
Toucan

15 Nov 2007, 12:23 am

RTSgamerFTW wrote:
Drink Pepsi One.

Well duh, because Pepsi One is the quintessence of awesomeness.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2007, 12:24 am

The one thing I absolutely have to do is think positive, as in never forget my theory!

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2007, 12:52 am

I absolutely have to do my stim everyday. Otherwise I'm miserable. I also have a nagging need to brush my teeth twice a day, once in the morning/early afternoon and once before I go to bed, for EXACTLY two minutes. A good habit to have, but a very annoying one. I wish I didn't have to do it but having my teeth drilled was horrible and I don't want to go through it again.

Band8PGeek
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Nov 2007, 2:46 am

I am very tight to schedule. People tell me they'll be back in a minute, I then count the seconds obsessively to tell them how many they're over by (unless they tell me not to). :oops:

I also use random words at frequent intervals.

Apollyon
Toucan
Toucan

15 Nov 2007, 2:57 am

When I'm at Denny's and we're having our coffee, I have to take all the creamer containers, fold the covering foil neatly into the containers, stack the containers, and tuck all the sugar packets into it.

It might seem like an odd ritual, but the way I see it- hey, the waitress has less to clean up.

Oh, and "discombobulate" is my favorite word.