Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

siuan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2007, 12:55 am

We're having a speech miracle here!

Today my son said his name! TWICE!! !! Better? I said "I love you" to my daughter, and she said, "I love you mama". I then said "I love you" to my son, to which he replied "Iyuyioooo mama".

:!: :D :!:

Where did THAT come from!!?

Also, in front of the TV while watching Baby Einstein, he repeated a couple of words!! ! REPEATED!! ! He has not done that with us at all. He still won't, he has to be sort of in a zone, if that makes sense.

I think he just doesn't want to talk. I think he can more than he lets on. Although, I do think he has some issues with his tongue and word formation, so I'm still keeping with the speech therapy plan.

jaleb
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2007, 1:10 am

congrats! that's wonderful. I remember my first son would only talk if Teletubbies was on--and of course he would only talk to the TV! One step at a time!

"Be kinder than necessary,
for everyone you meet is
fighting some kind of battle".

wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2007, 2:10 am

Aw, the joys of being a parent with small children! :D Lot's of 'Firsts!'

I'm so glad to hear you are enjoying these moments.

And thank you for sharing them! They bring back memories of my daughter when she was young. :D :D :D

LadyBug
Toucan
Toucan

15 Nov 2007, 9:48 am

siuan wrote:
We're having a speech miracle here!

Today my son said his name! TWICE!! !! Better? I said "I love you" to my daughter, and she said, "I love you mama". I then said "I love you" to my son, to which he replied "Iyuyioooo mama".

:!: :D :!:

Where did THAT come from!!?

Also, in front of the TV while watching Baby Einstein, he repeated a couple of words!! ! REPEATED!! ! He has not done that with us at all. He still won't, he has to be sort of in a zone, if that makes sense.

I think he just doesn't want to talk. I think he can more than he lets on. Although, I do think he has some issues with his tongue and word formation, so I'm still keeping with the speech therapy plan.

Lovely!

During a due process event, I called the school districts bluff, when they wanted to put my son in a contained classroom. He loved it, and it was taken away from him, with me being told those children weren't his peers. One of the non-verbal boys began writing my son's name on a piece of paper, and passing it to his Mom. She was elated!

ster
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2007, 5:41 pm

have you recorded him saying it ?.....must be absolutely delicious to hear those words finally !

siuan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2007, 7:58 pm

jaleb: yeah, heh, he sure does seem to enjoy talking to the TV. Little guy just LOVES the Baby Einstein "Baby MacDonald" farm video, and he babbles, coos and talks at the screen when it's on.

wsmac: it's doubly awesome since I've waited twice as long with him as is normal for these language developments...I am completely ecstatic when I hear him say a word!

LadyBug: that is a cute story, I think I would have been doing the happy dance right there!

ster: I've tried, but the little bugger won't do it when the camera is on. I guess he's trained well - he sees the camera and he sits still with a cheesy grin :)

militarybrat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Nov 2007, 2:29 am

That's so wonderful. Congrats. Keep up the speech therapy and what your doing. This was a great step and more will come.

Smelena
Cure Neurotypicals Now!
Cure Neurotypicals Now!

16 Nov 2007, 3:23 am

Wonderful news!

It won't be long until you'll wonder why they won't stop talking :lol:

Helen

Scramjet
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Nov 2007, 7:12 pm

Way to go, siuan & son! What did I say (back in your "I just want to hear him say Mama"-thread) -- and you didn't even have to wait for him to turn three for this to happen, as in my case. Smelena just pointed out something I mentioned in that thread as well: It won't be long before he either talks the ears off you, or start asking "inquisitive Tom"-style questions that'll have you look things up on Wikipedia to provide him an answer! :D

(*starts up some really "wheeeeeeee-happy-in-the-head"-type music*)

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2007, 8:06 pm

Congrats! :D

Twitter: http://twitter.com/agenderstar