Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Diamonddavej
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2007, 7:26 pm

Cats are very clever.

Quote:
Cat's daily routine baffles owner

A cat is baffling his owner by wandering off at night before expecting to be collected by car every morning at exactly the same time and place.

Sgt Podge, a Norwegian Forest Cat, disappears from his owner's home in Talbot Woods, Bournemouth, every night.

The next morning, the 12-year-old cat can always be found in exactly the same place, on a pavement about one and a half miles (2.4km) away.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl ... 092301.stm

lucy1
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Nov 2007, 8:37 pm

Great story - loved it :)

Avian
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Nov 2007, 8:44 pm

I heard of a cat once that used to disappear the same night each week for several hours at a time; the owner finally trailed it one night to see where it went — turned out that it went to a church and sat in a window sill to watch elderly people play bridge.

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2007, 9:08 pm

Well, the silly went and picked the cat up by car at that location. The cat trained him. Had he not, the cat would have come home on its own! :lol: :lol:

devster21
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Nov 2007, 12:01 am

Thats great. Cats are such free spirits.

Fedaykin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Nov 2007, 5:09 am

Can anyone doubt the intelligence of cats when they've domesticated nearly all of mankind and made sure we supply them with food? :-D And even being worshipped as gods back in ancient Egypt.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2007, 10:02 am

Puffy has taken to wandering off in the afternoon. I know she doesn't go far, but I want her to be around when it's time to feed the cats.

MysteryFan3
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2007, 7:56 pm

Fedaykin wrote:
Can anyone doubt the intelligence of cats when they've domesticated nearly all of mankind and made sure we supply them with food? :-D And even being worshipped as gods back in ancient Egypt.

That's a good point. Without the guidance of cats, mankind would not have come as far.

Without cats there would be no democracy. Who's in favor of a cat-shaped flag? :D

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2007, 10:38 pm

Cute!

I used to have a cat that followed me to school, one of my mom's friends always had to pick him up in her car and bring him home.